This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Parenting (language)

So I have a new job at this store and it's my third week. I realize I need some important things from my car so I go take a break. On the way to my car, I stop at the Subway and I stand outside the store eating my sandwich. Halfway through, this woman and her daughter come out.

The daughter is crying over not having an alarm clock. It's about 8 pm so maybe the kid needs to go to bed or something. The mom flips out, stops her cart and starts screaming to shut the fuck up. Like she is using fuck about ten times as she is yelling at this kid. I am just holding my sandwich in shock. She is screaming at the kid to shut up the fuck up and how she doesn't fucking care we are all watching her.

I am shocked and not sure what to do. This one man pulls out his phone and he is watching her. I stand there in shock for several minutes before I go inside to tell the greeter to get someone out there. No one is coming and the mom is now taking the kid to her car. The guy on his phone starts to follow her (he left his car door open) and a woman confronts the girl.

So I go get a manager so we go outside. Security has shown up and there's a bunch of people standing around her and she's yelling at them. She pages for another manager (probably salaried).

I go inside because my break is up and the manager said she'd stay out there.

Awww...I hope the kid wound up alright, and that child services was called.

Comment

If you can find out we'd really like to know what happened

Comment

I caught the bus today to meet a friend for coffee, while I was waiting this little boy comes up with his mother ( he was about 3-4 years) and was crying.
        He wanted to sit on the bench but it was wet, she tells him this and he cries harder.

She lets go of his hand (we are right beside a busy main street) and screams at him to stop being a "little whiney shit"
        She starts ranting at him about he is always crying and she can't stand it and he needs to "shut the fuck up now!" because the ladies at day care dont want to deal with kids like him

The other girl who is waiting points out the edge of the bench is dry and he could sit there, trying to distract him and he stops crying and looks up at his mother who snaps "no you can stand here"

why do people even have kids if they are going to be so hateful?
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
          why do people even have kids if they are going to be so hateful?
          Because family planning requires planning.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
            and screams at him to stop being a "little whiney shit"
            Wow, my mom didn't start calling me a little shit until I was an adult.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This seriously pisses me off. I am trying my best to tame my sailor mouth before the baby comes, and these idiots don't even care.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Sometimes at my job parents will threaten their kids with us, saying 'If you don't behave that 'policeman (wink-wink)' is going to handcuff you and put you in jail' And the kids give us this wide-eyed look of terror. I'm thinking, thanks, now whenever your kid is in trouble where a police officer/state trooper/military person could help them they'll be too scared to go to them because they'll be afraid they'll get in trouble.

One mother told her son my co-worker would shoot him if he wasn't good. My co-worker had words with her, as that crossed the line.

The parents above, geeze, don't they know verbal abuse is still abuse and thus against the law???
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  Sometimes at my job parents will threaten their kids with us, saying 'If you don't behave that 'policeman (wink-wink)' is going to handcuff you and put you in jail' And the kids give us this wide-eyed look of terror. I'm thinking, thanks, now whenever your kid is in trouble where a police officer/state trooper/military person could help them they'll be too scared to go to them because they'll be afraid they'll get in trouble.

One mother told her son my co-worker would shoot him if he wasn't good. My co-worker had words with her, as that crossed the line.

The parents above, geeze, don't they know verbal abuse is still abuse and thus against the law???
                  I loathe this. I used to work in a daycare, and when kids misbehaved when their parents were around, the parent would say something to the effect of, "If you don't stop, MoxisPilot is going to SPANK you!"

The first five times I heard this, I was just slack-jawed. While I'm not totally against spanking, I'm not going to lose my job because your brat told DCF I would spank them if they were bad!

By the end of my time with that company, I was snapping loudly, "Oh no, she won't!" ...Of course, I was pretty much fed up with that job, anyway.
                  "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

If I see the greeter again, I'll ask her. The LP guy wasn't certain what was going on, but I don't know if he was the one out there. I am not that familiar with the front line people yet.

Comment

Honestly I don't think CPS would do anything. I've seen a lot of parents cuss at their kids where I work. It seems to be pretty common.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I had a lady cussing out her kid last night. "Shut the fuck up you little bastard! I don't have to deal with this shit from you! You're just a FUCKING crybaby!" etc.
                        I was cleaning up Lingerie and my LP guy was just walking by. We both just stood there and stared at her <---- i'm pretty sure thats the face we were making. She noticed us, turned bright red and almost ran to the front of the store.
                        Then LP turns to me and says
                        "Did she really just say that to her kid! Oh my god"
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

wow.
                          i think i can count on one hand the number of times my parents even SWORE in front of me when i was a little kid.. and yea they never started swearing AT me until my teenage years

thats pretty low passing off responsibility by well... passing off the responsibility like the later posts in this thread w/the 'that policeman is going to arrest u ' or 'so and so's going to spank u'

christ, if YOUR kids upset/acting up whatever be a goddamn parent and DEAL w/it. dont involve some random person as a threat to the kid.
                          Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

This is more of a sighting, but this thread reminds me of an incident I witnessed on the bus to work about eight or nine years ago.

The bus stopped at the stop after mine and a man got on with his kid (I have a feeling the boy was between eight and ten years old, I'm useless with ages). As they got on they were in mid conversation about why the boy couldn't have a particular CD. I think it was some rap artist, Tupac or something. Anyway, I can't remember the entire thing but what I can remember is as follows.

The man was rather loud, loud enough for the rest of us to hear him. And he was adamant that the boy wasn't going to get it, something about the record label being Dutch. He reckoned that the Dutch were a no-good, murderous race, and the language he was using left some of us looking a bit stunned. The kid was soon crying his eyes out, and the father continued by yelling that the kids mother had raised the boy to be "an effing p*ssy".

I find myself wondering if I should have said something to him, but I don't think I would have gotten anywhere.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                              I hate when they do that, for precisely the reason you said!

I also hate it when parents use some random stranger as a bogeyman to threaten their kids, like in this strip here. Be a parent and take some responsibility for your own kid!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X