This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busted a scammer... Long story

Tonight I was at work dealing with SC who came to my stores sale and I am standing at the register minding my own business checking my cart full of toys for mark downs when this lady walks up to me. She is holding an open package of Sferra Bros. sheets. For those who don't know these are pretty expensive sheets. ($230 for king sheets)She tells me that the package is missing the fitted sheet and starts demanding a discount. As shes asking for a discount she keeps showing me a ragged tag on package that says the sheets are $40. So I look through the thing to make sure that she isnt mistaken about it being missing but of course its gone. She wanted 50% discount on the $40 price. With my store at least unless I see them sticking it in their bag I can't do any thing. So I hope she enjoys her fitted sheet in the ugly color lol. All of our sheets are supposed to be tagged but for some reason this one wasn't. I am guessing I will have to be pulling sheets tomorrow to make sure they are all tagged. Fun Fun Fun

why do i have a feeling she opened it herself?

Comment

Because we know people too well.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        why do i have a feeling she opened it herself?
        Might as well go with tag switching too.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Employee: I'm sorry ma'am, if it's missing a sheet, then I have to damage it out and I can't sell it.

SC: But I'm willing to buy it, I want a discooooouuuunnnnttttt.

Employee: But I can't sell it. Period.

SC: But this tag says it's $40.00. I'm willing to give you something for it.

Employee: And that isn't the right tag. Because it's damaged, we can return to the manufacturer for credit, which is worth more than $40.00. Which is why we won't sell it, even at a discount.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Employee: I'm sorry ma'am, if it's missing a sheet, then I have to damage it out and I can't sell it.
            ++

I really wish more companies would follow the "it's damaged so we can't sell it at all" line, then all the would-be discount scammers who ruin product so they can try to buy it for less get stonewalled and stop having any incentive to pull that crap.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yea the interesting ones include the customers who want to buy a book for a present, open it up and notice that the cover has been attached the wrong way around (and upside down), show you, ask for a discount and then get annoyed to say that you can't sell it. Down side is that there is no other copy of said book in stock and the gift is to give to someone that day. That customer didn't like me that day.

The other week I had a customer give me an inproperly bound book though. He handed it to me and said "Can you tell me what is wrong with this book?" I said without opening the book "It's been bound upside down hasn't it?"
              Began work Aug as casual '08
              Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
              Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
              Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
                "Can you tell me what is wrong with this book?"
                "Not enough big words to challenge you? Too few pictures?"
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  "Not enough big words to challenge you? Too few pictures?"
                  I think there was both. It was one of those local history books with photos.
                  Began work Aug as casual '08
                  Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                  Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                  Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
                    Down side is that there is no other copy of said book in stock and the gift is to give to someone that day. That customer didn't like me that day.
                    I wouldn't worry about that. I'm fairly certain that the gift-giving event wasn't some surprise that they just learned about that day.

And if it was, then they should be mad at the person who didn't give them enough time to acquire the gift, not you for not being able to supply it.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X