X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry for killing the thread

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
      I had to call it in, and the company recommended some in-home health care. I was not equipped to deal with these potential emergencies.

Eventually they got a health-care worker, and someone else resumed the light housekeeping that I had been doing. I got assigned to a different client in the meantime.
      Getting in-home health care is not easy. It should be (when the need is there), specifically to avoid situations like the ones you had to deal with. But it isn't.

(BTW: for those with 'issues', PUL-outer-layer pants are quite discreet and work well for heavy 'aunt flo' days. They're also in common use as baby nappies/diapers. I'd say they're worth a try. See any of the 'environmentally sound nappies/diapers' websites for the range of options available, washing instructions, etc. Many of the baby sites also offer adult sizes; and continence sites have them.)
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth finlayfox View Post
        Yeah... that is what ppl with crohn's/colitis have ot deal with when they are flared up. As i have mentioned before i have crohn's... i also love to take road trips... these 2 things do not mix well. i don't know how many times i have had to find a secluded highway in the middle of nowhere and drop trow... while at the same time making sure not to kneel in poison ivy and keeping an eye out for potential dangerous animals/bugs.
        Also... there has been a couple of times when in public i haven't been able to make it to the head. Though luckily i was able to conceal the fact that i had just crapped my pants as i was making a bee-line for a place to change.
        That being said. those times that i have had to ditch the underwear... it is always wrapped up and concealed as well as i can make it before vigorously washing my hands.
        I feel for you Fox. Fortunately for me, my UC is nowhere near as bad as crohn's. Unfortunately for me, I also have IBS, which is incompatible with UC. Basically all the dietary stuff you do for UC aggravates the IBS and vice versa.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
          I remember reading a post on a forum years ago, the title of the thread was "worst dates ever"

I don't remember the whole story, but the jist was guy and girl on blind date, meeting with couple that set them up.

Girl is tearing into her food at a rapid pace, then suddenly farts loudly. Turns red, excuses herself. After 1/2 hour or so the other girl goes into the bathroom to find some poo stained ladies underroos on the floor, but nothing else.

I have a friend with colitis and when we went on vacation with them there were times were we had to get back "right now" so I can understand, but man I would have tried to make it less obvious.
          Deep sympathy - some of the meds I have been on over the years had had me so constipated I didnt go for a week, to one where food just seemed to zip through me. One memorable med caused anal seepage. I took to wearing a sanitary pad just in case I also got in the habit of bringing a spare set of clothes along in the car, sort of like you do with a kid that might pee or crap and cause diaper overflow...though the only time i used the spare clothes was when i had a bout of vomiting last time i was on chemo.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
          X