This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the problem with people from the midwest

The other day a customer called in about issues on their billing. I'm not going to go into the details of why only because of the fact that it was so busy my head was spinning. She put her husband on the phone and asked where I'm from. I said the midwest and he goes that's the problem, you westreners are.....click. All I could think was where the f0000 did you think I was from?
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Er...?
    We're too nice to people (for our own sakes)? We've got too much of a grab bag of an accent? I've actually had to slow my normal speaking voice down for people to understand me. A bit of northern, a dash of Southun...?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

They think we're backwards hicks. I've been told this when I've dealt with customers who somehow get our office when they want another one instead. We're "too stupid" to figure things out.

Here's a hint - if you're going to insult someone, make sure that you at least mute yourself. There's nothing more embarassing than insulting someone and they can hear you on the other end, and they call you on it. The stuttering response they give is priceless.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

We are considered backwoods hicks who can't add to save our lives. Hell around here hand shake deals aren't that uncommon, so people think we can be easily taken advantage of.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
        X