Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are... No words... (ironiclly enough, a little ranty)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to agree that it was a very noble, yet risky thing to do.

Glad the owners have let you off (somewhat) lightly.

As an extra aside... have you asked the owners if it's cool for Milford(?) to get a free sandwich a day, and have that noted somewhere? Instead of just from you, from the store itself, or like someone else (too lazy to go back and look) mentioned, from what would be the end-of-day stuff that isn't kept, if it can't be sent to a shelter or soup kitchen? (Or even if it can..)
    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
    - Order from the menu.
    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Regardless of the legality, I think it was the right thing to do.

Since our opinions were asked, I don't think this is technically fratching. But regardless, I'm going to make this a topic on my next podcast, and we're gonna tear into the idea that it's wrong to give people sandwiches on a franchise's dime. Maybe we'll decide we think it's right or wrong, I don't quite know yet, but it smells worse to me than that guy Milford probably did.

This sounds like the juiciest of topics to me, and I'm going to enjoy talking about it so this thread won't get slammed due to its fratching invitiveness. You can click my name to get my website.
      Last edited by Boozy; 05-16-2009, 12:59 PM. Reason: removed a too-close-to Fratching bit

Comment

Quoth badgegirl007 View Post
        I guess technically, if your boss was a real ass, he could call it stealing...but every fast food place I ever worked at, we would once in a while slip a little extra fries or something to a good regular customer, plus all cops in uniform got certain items conveniently "dropped" from the receipt.
        In the strictest sense, could that not be construed as a public servant accepting consideration?

At any rate, I'm glad things worked out for you, Nijiero - good to see that I'm not the only manager with an actual shred of common sense. (Actually, your management were a heck of a lot stricter than I would have been. I would have taken the back pay and issued a verbal warning but no suspension in this case.)
        Last edited by VComps; 05-14-2009, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Quoth jais View Post
          And I have to agree that cockbag is compensating for something.
          That's what he's compensating for: his lack of the aforementioned.*

*Yes, I know I'm stating the obvious. But it's late here and that thought made me giggle so much I had to share.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
          X