This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Stryker One View Post
    In WA, traffic fines double in work zones. ouch.
    And in BC.

I think that work crews should have access to those tire strips that the police use...
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Heh, yeah lots of places are adopting the fines doubling in work zones, usually for the reasons they became the norm here in WA something like 16 years ago....too many people speeding through work zones and hitting people trying to do road work.

Comment

Pity the poor tourists. Some states LOWER the speed limit to 30 or 35 in work zones. So they are automatically following their state law. Better than the jerks who speed. (Came up once on a 4 car collision caused by a jerk speeding in pouring rain with less than 5' of visibility. I HATE speeders!)

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          It bothers me because people assume we are stupid and have only a high-school education. Therefore they can't imagine we make more than minimum wage, never mind the job hazards. I went through a lot of training to be qualified for my job. I even took extra courses for my own benefit. I deserve every penny I make for what I have to deal with. So it bothers me this woman based how she should treat me on how much $ she THOUGHT I make. My job serves a purpose like any other.
          Bingo. Most of my callers would be shocked to learn that I have a bachelor's degree, and earn more than 2x minimum wage. And have double their IQ (admittedly not a significant accomplishment with most of them).

Also, respect to anyone working a security or police patrol job. I understand it's one of the nastiest jobs from a sucky-customer standpoint, and is also #2 on the 'most likely to get killed in the line of duty' list (right behind soldiers in an active war zone). You will get nothing but courtesy from me!

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
            Pity the poor tourists. Some states LOWER the speed limit to 30 or 35 in work zones. So they are automatically following their state law. Better than the jerks who speed. (Came up once on a 4 car collision caused by a jerk speeding in pouring rain with less than 5' of visibility. I HATE speeders!)
            I try to drive to the conditions. And yes, I occasionally speed but if there's alot of traffic, I'm not going to be the one riding on someone's ass to get them to move faster.

Comment

What they NEED to do is dress you all like the flipping Secret Service, with black turtlenecks and sportcoats, and let you all hold big cricket bats that say "Do Not F*ck With Me" on them.
              Where do I sign up? I would love to see that, actually - especially in my local mall. Those hoodlum teenagers might have to pay attention, then!
              "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
              X