X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires, Waddling, HUUUNNH?, and Fastfood

I KNOW I didn't put that there.

I walk over to the gas station to refill my cup with 52 ounces of Cokey goodness, walk back into the shop to see a customer pulling her car into my bay.

Big No-No to begin with. Add that to the fact that my lift is a little bit tricky to pull cars into and you have a recipe for disaster.

Surprisingly the only damage was to her wallet since my boss wouldn't replace her tires that got popped.

It must be the greasy uniform.

We had a hail storm recently and alot of the cars on the lot are being repaired.

One customer asked me (cuz I look like I sell cars) if he would get a discount for the hail damage. I told him he would have to ask the salesmen. He called me a disagreeable asshole and waddled away.

I think you need a hearing aid.

'Friendly' old lady brings her car because the 'red light is flashing at me in the dash.'

With absolutely no mention of the god awful pinging noise her engine was making. Surprisingly the two issues were related but she just wanted the light to go away, not actually fix her car.

I give it 50 miles.

Your car pulls cuz you had one too many cheeseburgers

Cars aren't designed to haul your 500 pound ass around in the drivers seat. When you got out of your car the front end raised up 5 or 6 inches.

That's where your pull came from. You don't have any suspension damage yet, your tires are wearing improperly but that's not the cars fault. It's yours.

Normally I wouldn't make that kind of judgment, but the 20 billion McDonald's bags in your car told me so.

Quoth coldcupofjoe View Post
    Surprisingly the only damage was to her wallet since my boss wouldn't replace her tires that got popped.
    I don't blame the boss a bit. Can't complain if the damage is self inflicted, with the added bonus that it was inflicted because you disregarded the rules.

With absolutely no mention of the god awful pinging noise her engine was making. Surprisingly the two issues were related but she just wanted the light to go away, not actually fix her car.
    That poor engine.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Anyone want to bet what will happen when it fails? Yep, she'll come back pissed off because "you didn't fix it"
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

very true...a large friend got in my passenger seat once and the car was DROOPING. horrible

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Anyone want to bet what will happen when it fails? Yep, she'll come back pissed off because "you didn't fix it"
          My money is on that she'll blame you for ruining the engine somehow and demand you repace it free of charge because you touched it last, so it's obviously your fault that it blew up from years of neglect that proceeded your 2 hours with it.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

[
            That's where your pull came from. You don't have any suspension damage yet, your tires are wearing improperly but that's not the cars fault. It's yours.
            (I'll assume you checked the alignment before making that call )

You know what you should have done, joe? You should've completely replaced the left suspension with the stiffest possible suspension you could find... you could have charged him a small fortune for it and it would likely have solved the problem

Ride quality might be an issue, but hey

Comment

Cars aren't designed to haul your 500 pound ass around in the drivers seat. When you got out of your car the front end raised up 5 or 6 inches.

Normally I wouldn't make that kind of judgment, but the 20 billion McDonald's bags in your car told me so.
              I've seen that more than I cared too..but most of it was in the back of the car too.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

"her tires that got popped."

Haha... one of my first female SCs did that exact thing. I told her to pull part way into bay X. She sped all the way in bay Y, running over the bright yellow hoist and instantly popping a different tire than the one she was buying.

She popped out of the car like a jack-in-the-box and says (not asks), "Is <shop> going to be responsible for that?"

Since I wasn't supposed to let customers pull in, I was in a bind. I put on a comparable used tire. She asks how long the warranty was. I told her, no chare, no receipt, no warranty. Luckily she shut her pie hole athat time; I learned a lot about bending the rules because someone is acting like they're in a hurry.

I remember another time, I was working on a vehicle raised up fully on the hoist. A lady came driving INTO THE BAY, UNDER THE CAR I WAS WORKING ON! I RAN out from under the car, then over to her window, which she rolls down and asks, how long is an oil change going to take?

Yes, pulling your car into a shop bay yourself, or even parking in the way of a bay unnecessarily, is a BIIIIIG NO-NO at auto shops! If you want to piss off the person you're depending on for your transportation means, go for it, though.
                Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

'Friendly' old lady brings her car because the 'red light is flashing at me in the dash.'

I give it 50 miles.
                  Reminds me of the repair order I had submitted once from a customer who wanted reimbursement for repairs. One of the jobs on the RO was a complaint that the 'blue light on dash is on'. The tech's fix, "Turned off high beams."

I think I've had that lady behind me on numerous occasions.

(as a side note, they didn't charge her for the repair of the blue light. She was seeking reimbursement for actual repairs that she had done.)
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma
                    One of the jobs on the RO was a complaint that the 'blue light on dash is on'. The tech's fix, "Turned off high beams."
                    had one once "dome light does not turn on when door opens"
                    the dome light was switched off.

oh, and then there's people who think the snowflake means "winter mode" not "a/c"
                    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
                    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Tell me that you don't work in Nova Scotia. Was that customer female and 60-ish? 'Cuz you may have just met my husband's aunt. Auntie has been eating herself stupid since she was a kid, and she weighs about that much. A few years ago she inherited her mother's car - a 1995 Dodge Colt hatchback. It lasted a year after she started hauling her jiggly arse around in it. Couldn't figure out why the suspension BROKE on the driver's side, not to mention what happened to the axles.

Then again, if it was fat auntie, the smell would have hit you long before she got out of the car.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I think you need a hearing aid.

With absolutely no mention of the god awful pinging noise her engine was making.
                        Reminds me of a lady who called my company to be towed while I was still on the call taking end of the company. I asked what was wrong with the vehicle and her response was, "Well, it's doing the same thing it did on the last car when the engine blew up."

Uh, the last car? So, this has happened before?!?!? Cars need more than gas to run!!!!! Poor car!

Oh my god, when I was towing cars, I seen some doozies! Quite a few cars, the only thing that wasn't covered in trash and/or junk was the driver seat. Every other inch of the inside of the vehicle was obstructed by trash or junk.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
                          had one once "dome light does not turn on when door opens"

I have the opposite issue--the dome light stays on when the door is closed. Yes, I have it in the off-except-when-you-open-the-door position. Considering the "open door" dash indicator stays on also, I suspect the door sensor is mucked up. Right now I have the fuse pulled so it doesn't run the battery out or keep the light on when I try to drive at night. Very irritating.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                          X