This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth alphaboi View Post
    Actually you only need to be 17 with parental consent. The weird thing about military IDs is sometime the birthdate is on the back.
    Actually, from my experience, ALL U.S. Armed Forces ID's have the birthdate, all of them on the back.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Actually, from my experience, ALL U.S. Armed Forces ID's have the birthdate, all of them on the back.

Before the military stepped into the new century - they had laminated IDs. My brother would come home on leave and bring buddies with him who had altered their IDs and they showed me how easy a task it used to be. I was a bartender at the time and subsequently, I never accepted military IDs because of this fact.

When I was 19, I had altered my own ID. It was one of the old laminated ones. All I needed was some scotch tape, and a very sharp #2 pencil. It worked like a charm. Of course, new IDs you can't do that with.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

The youngest mother on record was about eleven or twelve years old, if memory serves.

Hmm - that was recent - http://youngest_mother.tripod.com/ suggests five-years-old due to a hormonal problem.

You can always tell that to the people who reckon a baby guarantees age.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          The youngest mother on record was about eleven or twelve years old, if memory serves.

Hmm - that was recent - http://youngest_mother.tripod.com/ suggests five-years-old due to a hormonal problem.

You can always tell that to the people who reckon a baby guarantees age.
          Snopes [http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp] and Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina] support this story, which took place in 1939. I've seen in a variety of sources that puberty is occurring earlier in this generation than in prior generations, for a range of suggested reasons.

I knew girls in early grade school (probably ages 7-9) who needed bras, and there were girls in my age group who began having periods at around 10-ish (I started a few months short of 13, and thought I was one of the later ones in my class), so it's sadly possible that a 14-year-old really could be pregnant.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            I hope that the girl's father had a VERY stern chat with some of the men of the village!
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

It's quite possible that the mom had to have a stern chat with the dad.

Comment

My personal favorite for a failed attempt to buy alchohol was a girl who tried to use an out-of-state fake ID....that had expired...O.o

Never got the pregnant or have a baby story though. Did get husbands in buying slim jims and ice cream for pregnant wives. It was a popular combo that winter in one small town.

Comment

Quoth mslisarose View Post
                  Never got the pregnant or have a baby story though. .
                  Oh good lord. I can't tell you how many times people said to me "but this my son/daughter/child!" when I asked for ID and they didn't have it. Were they probably 21? Yes. Were they idiots for not having their ID with them when they looked 30 or younger? Again, yes. Did I serve them without their ID?

Are you kidding me? If you think I did, you have not read any of my posts on IDing and drinking. And yes, many of them got upset that I wouldn't take their child as proof, even though I very clearly pointed out to them that there are many, many, MANY teenage mothers. My best friend had her first daughter when she was 19. One of my teenaged nieces recently told me about her classmate that got pregnant and miscarried. This niece is in JUNIOR HIGH.

One day I should tell y'all about the time a 28 year old dude hit on my 12 year old niece. It was not nearly as perverted as it sounds, but it was damn hilarious!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X