Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question was "If we have a spare tire that is the proper SIZE, why the hell wasn't it in the trunk instead of the donut?!"
    Yeah, that is just goofy. What the hell?

I really need to get a full size spare for my van ... I have popped 3 out of 4 tires so far. I don't live in snow land anymore, though, so maybe I will get lucky. Still, better safe than sorry.
    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Just so that I'm sure, a donut is a "space-saver" a smaller wheel used until the original tyre can be fixed or replaced?
      Began work Aug as casual '08
      Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
      Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
      Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth Nelsonette View Post

My question was "If we have a spare tire that is the proper SIZE, why the hell wasn't it in the trunk instead of the donut?!"
        My first thought is space. Donuts fit nicely into a little compact hole in the vehicle...full sized spares...especially in some vehicles would not be pratical...

...or...

....if you have more than one vehicle at your home, it's possible that the same size tire could fit one or more of the vehicles and rather then carry it in any one particular vehicle, you could have it at home to use as needed.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

I just purchased a 2004 Ford Crown Vic. It's a decommisioned cop car and its by far the SWEETEST car I've ever owned. I absolutely love it. Not too crazy about the gas mileage...but it's so clean.....

anyway, I digress...it's got a full sized spare in the trunk and I'm glad to see that!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

First thing I always did when i bought a car with a donut spare was drive to the junk yard and buy a spare wheel then go get a tire mounted on it... I lost trunk room but I always had a full sized spare.

Comment

Working...
          X