Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked for 5 years in a call center for the largest Cruise company around (the ones with the "fishtail" smokestacks) and just dealing with them on the phone was horrifying enough. I couldn't imagine dealing with them every day in the flesh.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

I went on a princess cruise through the panama canal with my grandma. It was awesome! I laughed so hard at the toilet brush one.
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
        Yes but imagine being stuck with sucky passengers for days, even weeks at a time! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
        It can be challenging, especially if you've had a brief conversation with someone and a week and a half later at the end of the cruise they get pissed off if you don't remember them. There are 3,100 new passengers every couple of weeks....they all look the same after a while. I've never had to do a really long cruise. 14 days was the longest. My husband had to do a 30 day one before with a lot of sea days......cabin fever - literally.

Comment

Yay, someone I can talk to about working on a cruise ship, I will possibly pick your brains at some stage if that's ok with you?
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

My wife and I LOVE cruises. I've been using Norweigan lately, really enjoyed them too. The entertainment director on the Pride of Aloha was fantastic, this was heard on the final day of the cruise while waiting for our groups disembarkation.

"May I have your attention please? I have a message for the gentleman who lost his Rolex, I repeat I have a message for the gentleman who lost his Rolex. The time is 4pm, that is all."
            Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

We've had about 30 cruises and have two more stacked up for 2009. Princess is one of our favorites but all the staff on all the lines we've used do a phenomenal job. thank you all.

Actually, I can understand the question about the elevator going to the front of the ship. If the pax is new and the ship isn't moving it can sometimes be difficult to differentiate the fore elevator lobby from the aft. the question might just be a poor way of saying, "Is the the forward elevator bank?"
              Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

We've been on Cunard cruises and I always love them.
                No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Ooh, cruise ship stories! Me likes.

Unbelievable customers already, though. I can't wait to see your other posts.

Comment

Quoth CruiseShipGirl View Post
                    SC: I wouldn't have come to this stupid thing if I had know I'd only see a black, gay man!!!
                    I would, where can I meet him?
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Long time lurker - first time poster. I've been working my way from the back and reading all the past posts. I've been out of working with the public for 3 years, but have lots of stories from my few years at sea, as well as previous jobs.
                      As a veteran of several Gothcruises, I heartily thank you for your service and hope you have been tipped well, even if you never encountered our bunch. Cruise workers put up with a LOT of crap for very little.
                      Regards,
                      The Exiled, V.2.0

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind."
                      - H. P. Lovecraft

Comment

Quoth ExiledV20 View Post
                        As a veteran of several Gothcruises, I heartily thank you for your service and hope you have been tipped well, even if you never encountered our bunch. Cruise workers put up with a LOT of crap for very little.
                        What is this "tip" thing you speak of?? The entertainment department doesn't get any tips, just our set rate of pay (work 60 hour weeks or a 20 hour, same pay). I have to say most of the passengers are usually pretty good, and a few are great. I've got a few more stories in mind to share when I have time, plus my hubby has a few too that I may post on his behalf (he reads all the posts on here too, but doesn't have an account)

Comment

couldn't do it

I wouldn't be able to work in that kind of environment, too tempting to push them over board.
                          Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

Comment

SC: I wouldn't have come to this stupid thing if I had know I'd only see a black, gay man!!!
                            Isn't it too bad you can't make 'em walk the plank? (note: We need a pirate smilie)

I've only taken one cruise in my life, and that was on NCL, but the crew one and all were spectacular. I had broken my ankle and leg the week before we left, and there was hardly ever a time when one of them wasn't on hand to help out, including carrying my meal dishes around while I picked out my food from the buffets.

My hat's off to you and all the folks who work for the cruise lines for all the hard work you do (did?).

Eric the Grey
                            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                            X