This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunh???

This is not so much sucky as rather confusing.

Every so often I get a shirt thru my press that is a rag- and when I say rag, I mean every edge on teh shirt- collar, cuffs, button placket, and optional front pocket- all of them a worn and frayed. The fabric looks like it has been sandblasted to remove grafitti if not actual holes.

And yet these shirt has been washed with starch and be wet pressed.

WHY!!?!

Please, give up. Burn it like an American Flag, build a tiny Viking ship and bury it at lake, line the pet bed with it or something, but please, I feel like the fool thing is going to disintegrate when I put it on my buck (the body form). Then I will have to explain to Boss that the shirt went back to nature, and he gets to be yelled at by you (and God Help Us you'll want a bleeding reimbursement). I actually like my boss (good thing, he's my father-in-law). No. Don't wanna.

Oh, and Polo Parrothead (ie a bunch of tropical print shirts that gave me flashbacks to high school from teh smell)- THANK YOU for dialing back the cologne!

I know your feeling. Some of the pants that I have to press I wonder 'why bother?'

What I dont get is the guys who get Heavy Starch on their jeans. The kind that then stand up on their own.

Ever get 'heavy starch' folded shirts?
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I used to press shirts at a dry cleaners (assuming you do a similar job?) and my biggest personal complaint was some of the more oderous shirts (even though I did get the raggy ones as well)
      We'd often get shirts from Mr M. who was apparently a large man (seriously, the body press wasnt nearly big enough, his shirts would wrap around it twice and leave horrible creases we'd have to hand-iron out) and, from the smell wafting out as it baked, i believe Mr M. would sweat a combination of raw sewage and fish entrails soaked in bobcat urine. Ironically enough, his shirts were always beautiful, stain-free (even under the armpits!)
      On the other hand, we'd also often get shirts from one Mr. S., whose shirts smelled of an absolutely gorgeous sexy cologne. I often envisioned him as a ripped Italian stallion type of man..until one day I saw him picking up and discovered him to be a hairy, overly-bearded rugged lumber-jack type. But still, that smell...mmm...hehe

Comment

When I waited tables at the restaurants that required white shirts, ties, and long aprons....I had many white shirts that I took to the cleaners. There were one or two that had a tear or a rip or a fray or some stain that would never come out...but I still used it for work. Unless it was so bad that I couldn't get away with still using it.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

No, I don't mean a rip or a tear or a fray. I mean a RAG. The kind of shirt my mom would forbid me to ever wear again. They look like dusters, not clothes.

I don't get heavy starch jeans. YOu just shouldn't starch jeans ever. Ditto denim shirts.

Happily, due to the sensibility of my boss, I get to kick all 3x/20 neck shirts over to the wet pants press! It's so tiresome to pull out that awful mass of wrinkles from a too-big shirt on the buck and know the touch-up girl is just going to sigh gustily. The girl on wet pants usually finishes way before me, so it's not like I'm removing skin from her nose by throwing her a shirt or two (if laundry didn't send it already).

6 more days and I go back to child-herding!

Comment

Working...
          X