This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got grilled

Guest: Dave, I see a grill here in a locked storage space and we want to grill so we need a key

Me: OK I just checked and this owner doesnt allow grilling

Guest: no sir, my contract states this unit has a grill

Me: our contracts dont usually state amenities of a property but if you have something from us saying you can grill, we will honor it

Guest: well I dont have anything in writing but the guy who booked me told me I could grill

Me: well I am sorry but the owner doesnt allow grilling...I can try to find you a property where you can grill

Guest: no we like it here....we want to stay here and grill like I was told we could

Me: I am sorry but you cant grill there

GUest: If you dont give me the key, my husband has bolt cutters, he can remove the lock

Me: ok and you will be arrested if you do so

Guest: no I wont because you promised me something and you havent delivered on your promise so we are within our rights to do this

Me: no you're not, if you remove that lock, you are committing a crime

Guest: well isnt a crime to not let us use the grill when we were told we could?

Me: no, its not

Guest: I mean how come you're picking on me here....how come you're not threatening to have your agent arrested for telling us we could grill when we cant?

Me: ma'am if you want to move to a house with a grill, you can...if not, then you may stay there and have no grill

Guest: I'll take that GD lock off and you just try to stop me

Me: I wont but the police will

Guest: you little asshole....(she ranted and raved and then I just hung up on her)

We sent the police down....I will follow up when I find out more

Wow!
    Quite a difference between "My contract states" and "A third party (allegedly) told me..."

The owner should have that grill out of sight. Bored people with nothing to do are only going to start coveting it.

Good pwnage... "If you have something in writing from us..."
    Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

I love your stories!

I really want to know what the cops say on this one!

Comment

Why does going on vacation turn people into complete assholes? Seriously! Not only am I amazed someone brings bolt cutters on vacations, I'm totally f*ing mystified that they'd think it's okay to use them on a rental property!

Comment

You got her good, VRS! I can't wait to hear the updates with the cops.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yegods, VCR, but your company gets some seriously whackjob renters. It's like they've gone on vacation, so the whole world is supposed to revolve around them for that time.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I know I'm not the only one who was sad to scroll to the end of this thread without an update from VRS.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Quoth Automan Empire View Post
                Good pwnage... "If you have something in writing from us..."

Mrs. Hat and I hit a situation like this on our honeymoon... when we checked in, I double checked that breakfast was included in what we paid for. It wasn't on their system but was according to the paperwork we had from the travel agent. So they changed it in their system.

Comment

That's why you get it in writing.

VRS's properties seem to be fairly elite (expensive), so I guess these stories just prove that the suckiness of customers isn't related to their socioeconomic status. Walmart shoppers suck. Vacation renters suck. Both the rich and the poor have entitlement issues and give workers shit.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                    Guest: no sir, my contract states this unit has a grill

Me: our contracts dont usually state amenities of a property but if you have something from us saying you can grill, we will honor it

Guest: well I dont have anything in writing but the guy who booked me told me I could grill
                    I love it how SC changed her tune when she got her first defeat.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      It's like they've gone on vacation, so the whole world is supposed to revolve around them for that time.

^-.-^
                      Nah, don't be silly.

These people think the world is ALWAYS supposed to revolve around them.
                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                        GUest: If you dont give me the key, my husband has bolt cutters, he can remove the lock
                        ...and who the hell brings bolt cutters on a vacation anyway?

(Maybe they knew it would be padlocked and they were anticipating the chance to start something)

We sent the police down....I will follow up when I find out more
                        I can hardly wait

-Wembley
                        Originally Posted by edible_hat
                        (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

Quoth Wembley View Post
                          ...and who the hell brings bolt cutters on a vacation anyway?

(Maybe they knew it would be padlocked and they were anticipating the chance to start something)

I can hardly wait

-Wembley
                          Actually, my husband is a locksmith and he always brings his kit with him when we go out of town. I think it's a just being prepared thing. He doesn't, however, bring anything big. Everything he brings fits in a rather flat tool box.

That woman was out of line though.

Comment

Hey VRS, do you get most of your assholes on weekends?

That seems to be when you post more.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

ooo yes update!
                              it'd be nice to see one of your entitlement whores put in their place

Comment

Working...
                              X