This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water-bottle Woes

So a few weeks back I was cashing and the lines were horrendous. But most of the customers, though irritated, knew they couldn't blame the cashiers. When it's busy like that, we are ok with people getting a bottle and drinking in line and then paying at the register.

So this woman comes up with an empty water bottle and I assume this is the case. The first thing out of her mouth is, "You can throw this away." Notice she didn't ASK. So I am looking for the barcode to scan & realize it isn't one of our brands when she snaps, "I want you to THROW IT OUT, not charge me for it." I finished the transaction & said have a good day in the most syrupy tone I could muster.

The couple behind her were appalled & said, "Oh, we didn't just hear her ORDER you to throw out her trash." We had a laugh about rich, spoiled women in our area.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Ugh, I can't stand snobby people. Too bad you couldn't tell her, "Have a lovely day and screw you and the high horse you rode on!". At least the couple behind her was nice to you. I guess anybody with a uniform and name tag = servant to people like that EW.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      The first thing out of her mouth is, "You can throw this away."
      Really? Can I? Oh, boy!!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BookstoreEscapee, your sig make me happy and sad at the same time. But in the wrong order.
        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
        Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
          BookstoreEscapee, your sig make me happy and sad at the same time. But in the wrong order.
          I'm sorry, should I switch them?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X