Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That pic looks completely ridiculous. Those two items do not mix and match well.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
      From the posts I've seen by the OP, her library management seems to be the bottom-of-the-barrel as far as spinelessness. This includes people cursing out the librarians and workers and bothering well behaved patrons, yet her managers allow it and even condone the behavior.

sadly a lot of Library's are like that. The one I do security at is the same way. It's extremely hard to have someone barred. We have to have there full name, birth date and there has to be multiple reports on them. The frustrating part is that a lot of our problem's are drunk homeless people who don't exactly carry ID and the head of the library is a bleeding heart who thinks they just need help and that barring them isn't the answer. Of course he never deals with them so he has no idea just how much of a problem they are and thinks we exaggerate

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
        I'd love to use skirts sometimes (specially 80's snowed jean skirts, my all time favorites), but, I'm unwilling to fight the social stigma it would bring to do so.
        Here, look at this. I know many guys who wear these and if anyone is thinking anything negative, they sure don't have the stones to say it. The guys look way too badass in them.

I was thinking of getting one myself, as I hate shorts, but I found instructions on the internet for the so called "X-Kilt." I bought the fabric, I just have to sit down and sew the thing together.

I asked the woman at the utilikilt place if any women ever bought from them and she said "Yeah, we call them crossdressers."

Pure gold.

Comment

What is it about men in kilts that makes them so damn hot? And extremely masculine. There's lots of lovely pictures on X Marks the Scot, too.

Quoth Hyndis View Post
          Nothing is manlier than a Scott wearing a kilt. Which is basically a dress.
          Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Is not a skirt!
          Exactly. I saw a t-shirt at the Rio Grande Games that said, "People have been kilt for calling it a skirt!" I'd love to see someone say "skirt" to some of the guys competing in the heavy athletics. Liable to get a caber dropped on your head.

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Oh, I don't know about that...
          Do you get drooly over him, too? I'm going to miss him as The Doctor. Hmmm, that's quite a bulge above his sporran, which is riding a wee bit lower than it should.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          I was thinking of getting one myself, as I hate shorts, but I found instructions on the internet for the so called "X-Kilt." I bought the fabric, I just have to sit down and sew the thing together.
          RK, kilts aren't that easy to make. If you're wanting to have a kilt made, I'm very good friends with a kiltmaker here that was trained by Master Kiltmaker Robert McBain at the Keith Kilt School. http://www.kathyskilts.com/
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Oh, understood, I know they aren't easy to make. There is a very good reason they cost so much.This is not a small "throw together" thing. I just thought it would be a fun, challenging project to try. If it flops, it flops. But it would be cool to be able to say I made one.

In any case, thanks for the tip. If it turns out beyond the scope of my skill, I'll drop that guy a line.

Comment

God bless my friends who do living history as 18th century Highlanders. It provides the most wonderful entertainment of a morning in camp watching them lay out the yardage, pleat it precisely, and then roll up in it to get dressed.

I'm making a Wee Kilt for a wonderful large friend, and I like the challenge. Takes time to do it right, but it's a fine project and looks great on those who have the bearing to wear one correctly.

Comment

Here is a famous SCA story about a guy wearing a kilt for the first time. Be advised...Rule Number One is in effect. Poor bastard.

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
                  That pic looks completely ridiculous. Those two items do not mix and match well.
                  Are you referring to the pic of David T? The outfit's traditional, so I would say that it does mix and match well! He should have a dagger in his sock, too.

Comment

and a tardis on his sporran

Comment

Quoth 1756GR2 View Post
                      God bless my friends who do living history as 18th century Highlanders. It provides the most wonderful entertainment of a morning in camp watching them lay out the yardage, pleat it precisely, and then roll up in it to get dressed.
                      My ex used to dress in great kilt for faires.

I used to do the pleating for him because he couldn't never do it quite right. Annoyed the heck out of me.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

God, I love men in skirts.

One of my dear friends (we've wanted each other for... oooh, eight years? since I was Jailbait, anyway, not that he knew that at the time! We just kept missing each other) for halloween a couple of years ago shaved his legs and wore a dress, wig, eye makeup, padded bra- HOLY HELL YES.

I understand that for people who are secure in their gender cross-dressing or transgender may be a little concerning or disturbing, but screw it, most are hot.

You should check out the goth clubs. Men in skirt. Men in rubber skirts. Men in rubber skirts with their muscly chests out all over the place and their tattoos and piercings and scars and yum.
                        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                          I understand that for people who are secure in their gender cross-dressing or transgender may be a little concerning or disturbing, but screw it, most are hot.
                          Don't you mean 'insecure'? The more secure someone is in some aspect of their person, the more willing they generally are to make fun of it. After all, if you're secure in your gender, there's nothing frightening about joking around about it, is there?
                          And to those guys who would like to wear skirts but don't because of social conventions-- how do you think women got society to let them wear pants?
                          What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Quoth mischugenah View Post
                            Don't you mean 'insecure'? The more secure someone is in some aspect of their person, the more willing they generally are to make fun of it. After all, if you're secure in your gender, there's nothing frightening about joking around about it, is there?
                            And to those guys who would like to wear skirts but don't because of social conventions-- how do you think women got society to let them wear pants?
                            Yeah, I meant insecure. Inabilty to type = failure.
                            Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

With all the talk of men wearing women's clothing and looking hot, I'm shocked no one mentioned Eddie Izzard. (Well, *I* think he's hot.)
                              "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                                In any case, thanks for the tip. If it turns out beyond the scope of my skill, I'll drop that guy a line.
                                Um, Kathy's a "her".

Quoth penniless student View Post
                                He should have a dagger in his sock, too.
                                Sgian dubh and sgian auchlais are not exactly daggers. Not with a 3.5" blade. A dirk is closer, but you wouldn't want that stuck in your kilt hose.
                                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X