Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want compensation, even if I bought it somewhere else!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want compensation, even if I bought it somewhere else!

I loved the story my dad told about his friend John. The two worked together and on weekends, we would get together for barbeques. One incident he remembers involved the barbeque at John's house and the plan was to have ribs. His wife bought four slabs of ribs, and when she got home, he got upset, saying there wasn't enough there for everybody, plus the price charged was not correct for the little amount of meat bought.

So, John decided since his wife was so nice and not into being confrontational, he would go back to Winn Dixie and raise holy hell with them. When he arrived, he did just that, demanding that they give him exactly what he paid for. The meat manager agreed and gave him two more slabs of ribs at no charge.

When he got home, he was so proud of himself, telling his wife and the rest of us, "I went to Winn Dixie, raised holy hell with them about their selling practices with meat, and got exactly what we should have had all along. You should have seen me!"

John's wife, proud of him, stated, "John, that's great that you did that. But, I bought the ribs at Publix."

I guess back then, labels on the meat didn't exist. lol It makes me wonder if I bought a washer and dryer at Best Buy, will Sears replace it for me when it breaks down?

This is why stuff is so expensive!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Its kinda funny, but in the end he still stoled, in a small way. Did he at least go back tell explain or try to pay??
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        Its kinda funny, but in the end he still stoled, in a small way. Did he at least go back tell explain or try to pay??
        I have a feeling I already know the answer to that one.
        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Where did you buy it again?

Yeah, I get a lot of calls from people who see our website saying that if you buy one handheld you get something free.

SC: duh
          D: You know...
          *MBT*: This too.

D: Thank you for calling RetardsRus.com, my name is Deceptitech. how may I help you?
          SC: Yeah, i just bought one of your handhelds at best buy, and I was wondering if I could get the free keyboard you advertise on your website.
          *MBT*: Ask them you moron.
          D: no, we do not send the free items to people who buy their handheld from other stores.
          SC: but I bought one of YOUR handhelds.
          *MBT*: but you bought it from them, not us nutsack.
          D: You purchased the handheld from best buy, not from retardsrus.com. you would have to order it from our website so you could get the specials we offer.
          SC: But I already bought it from them. I want it now. GIVE ME THE FREEBIE!
          *MBT*: How does it feel to want?
          D: If you read the website, you will see that you need to order from us to get it. If you want, you can return that to the local store, and buy the handheld from us.
          SC: I WANT YOUR MANAGER!!!!!
          *MBT*: Blow me.
          D: Very well, please hold.

They still don't get the freebie. Makes you laugh at how greedy and stupid people are.
          I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Working...
          X