Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of gas, out of manners, out of luck baby....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with FOJK.

There is some people that I wish could be banned, Its so bad i REMEMBER their voices.
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

it amazes me how people treat road service organisations, and the petty things they complain about.
      the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

This is the perfect example of how the "I pay your salary!" mentality can really warp a person's view of reality.

A guy runs out of gas, and calls his motor club.

HE is the one who is out of gas.

HE is the one who is stranded.

HE is the one who needs help.

The people he's talking to are the ones who have the power to determine when, and even whether, he gets the help he needs.

As other posters have pointed out, they control his immediate fate.

But he doesn't understand any of that.

In his mind, HE is the one who is in charge. Because he's the almighty customer, he's paying everybody's salaries, the customer is always right, etc., etc. . . .

In his mind, HE is the one who is in control of the situation, and everybody is (or should be) at his beck and call. And he gets to yell and swear at these lowly peons because they are not doing his bidding precisely.

The idea that the driver might refuse to deliver to him, the motor club could suspend his membership, that they could all collectively tell him to get lost if he pushes them too far . . . None of that ever occurs to him.

In fact, the idea that it's even possible for him to push them too far doesn't occur to him. No, he's the customer. He's the boss. He's a tough guy.

Well, he certainly got what he deserved. There's a slim hope that he learned something from this experience . . . But, sadly, it's more likely that he came out of it believing that he was the one was wronged. To this day, he probably still believes that he was the victim of outrageously bad service.
        Last edited by Anthony K. S.; 05-30-2009, 07:11 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo.
        “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
        “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
        “I don’t know.”
        “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Nice to see the driver not tat that uncalled for treatment when the OP never gave the correct address and refused to leave a number where he could be reached so the driver my be able to find his location.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            How the hell do you run out of gas anyway? I mean it's not like you have to take a dipstick to the tank to figure out how much gas you have left....there's this little thing called a gas gauge.
            Well, unless you're driving a Porsche 356--those do not have a gas gauge. They actually *do* have a fuel dipstick As originally built, anyway--several have since been fitted with one. But still, if you know how much fuel your vehicle holds, and how many MPGs you get to play with...you can use the odometer to figure out how much you've got left.

I still don't know why stranded motorists choose to vent their rage on motor clubs. Last time I checked, the club could say "fuck you" and refuse service. That would suck if you broke down in a dangerous neighborhood or even in the middle of nowhere!
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X