This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid magazine lady

I got this phone conversation the other night.

SC: Do you know what Writer's Digest is?
    Me: Yes. It's a writer's magazine.
    SC: No, I mean, do you know what's in it?
    Me: It has articles on writing, editing, and getting published, that sort of thing.
    SC: And do you know how much it costs?
    Me: I don't right off hand, let me check.... it's $5.99.
    SC: Okay. Do you know anywhere that would sell it besides <your bookstore chain>?
    Me: Sorry, ma'am, I don't. Anywhere that carries magazines will have a chance of carrying it.

Okay WTF? You want me to give you info on this and then tell you where to buy it besides from me?!?
    Any fool can criticize, comdemn, and complain—and most do. ~ Dale Carnegie

Sarah: That's not fair!
    Jareth: You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is...

Then why didn't they just call the place they intend to purchase the magazine instead of wasting your time.

Comment

It's so sad, but I'd get that at B&N all the time. They'd call - ask for a book, have me see if it's in stock, check the price and then they'd ask if I knew if Borders carried it. Gee, I don't know, why don't you farking call THEM dumbars?

If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

I used to get that all the time at the craft store, people would ask me all sorts of information and tips/hints for a product then bulk at the price and ask me where they could get it cheaper.....

then had the gall to get angry when I told them "Im sorry but Im not going to give away business to the competition"

apprently it wasnt good customer service.....for "customers" who werent actually giving me any custom...
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

You gotta love that. Like I want to send you to my competitor, after you made ME do all the work. I don't work for FREE you know!!!!! Asshats.... And then everyone wonders- "what happened to Store X? That used to be such a great place..." Yea, for you to come in, get free knowledge and advice, and then buy it at the crappy store just because they had it for a buck less. You get what you pay for in both product AND service! Why is it so hard for people to realize this?
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
          X