This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Banrion View Post
    3) When I get some asshat honking their horn, flailing their arms, and making faces, I decide that it's time to check my oil and coolant, and wash my windows .
    I do that too! Not only am I taking care of my car, but I'm also contributing to the stress level of some self-important asshole...and there's not a damn thing he can do about it
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Heh! Try running a drive thru window with sloooooow computers.

Comment

I've never pumped my own gas.....never pumped gas period. I'd have no idea how it worked....now I'm trying to figure out why I've always been slightly proud of that....
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
          I try to avoid it as well. But seeing as how my entire journey through NJ from here to my 'rents place is on the Turnpike or the Parkway, I don't have much of a choice. I'd get off and find a gas station, but that would mean an extra half hour of trying to back on the F****ing highway. I hate New Jersey roads. What they need is one road that goes from the PA turnpike straight through to new york with only offramps.
          George Carlin had a great bit on driving in New Jersey. The following is an excerpt from said routine, quoted as best I can remember it:

"Now, I've driven a lot of places in my life, and I think that anyone who has driven in this area would have to agree that New Jersey deserves the title Tollbooth Capital of the United States of America! Hell, they should put it right on their license plates: New Jersey--the Tollbooth State. What do they have on their now? The Garden State? Sure. If you're growing smokestacks, yes. But I can't back out of my driveway in New Jersey without some schmuck in a hat wants fifty cents! And I don't mind paying tolls, but every twenty seven feet?!? It's so bad, I can't get any decent mileage driving here because I'm in a constant state of slowing down. By the time I get to Pennsylvania I need a fucking brake job!"

I'll spare you my own personal New Jersey jokes...this bit just seemed to fit the whole "driving in New Jersey" subtheme going on in this thread.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Ah yes, I remember that Carlin routine. It came out back in my college days. A buddy of mine bought it on tape, and I remember the whole second side was about driving. The political rants at the beginning of the first side weren't as funny, but the "Ways to keep people alert" and "People I can do without" were funny as hell.

I listening to it with him, and almost falling on the floor laughing, sometimes while I was standing or trying to walk.

Ah, memories...
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
            X