This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but we're in a recesssion

Guest: Hi Dave, I saw this property and wanted to book it but I'm only going to pay $3000

Me: well sir, that property rents for $11,500

Guest: well I know but we are in a recession so I am only paying $3000

Me: the rate is $11,500

Guest: perhaps I didnt make myself clear, I can only pay $3000

Me: well then you will have to find something in that price range

Guest: no I want this one for $3000

Me: I cant do that

Guest: even though we are in a recession?

Me: doesnt matter, sir

Guest: wouldnt the owner rather have something than nothing?

Me: he will get full price

Guest: I am renting this property for $3000 whether you like it or not, Dave.

Me: no sir, you're not

Guest: well then I will talk to your supervisor, and if he doesnt rent it to me for $3000, I will go to his boss and on up the chain...I dont think youre not treating me fairlyby trying to make me pay full price

me: ok you can speak to my supervisor if you wish

supervisor said no, he then went to the GM, who also said no...man said he is going to write bad reviews on us wherever he can and he is reporting us to the better business bureau

Wow. I told that one to my roommate and she just laughed.

If he had tried to knock off the 500, maybe I could see that happening, but $8500?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
      ...I dont think youre not treating me fairlyby trying to make me pay full price
      It was accidental I'm sure but the customer is actually correct due to the double negative. He is being treated fairly hehehe.

Comment

Wow, folks are using the recession as an excuse for everything.

In a way, I knew this was going to happen.
        The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure the BBB will be all over that. "How dare you charge what you want for property you own!"
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hmmm....I wonder if that logic will work the next time I buy something. "I want this Playstation 3 but will only pay $40 for it."
            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

Guest: well I know but we are in a recession so I am only paying $3000
              Well sir, if you are sooooo concerned about saving money in a recession, why don't you....oh, I dunno....WHY THE FRACK FRACKETY FRACK FRACK CAMEL NOT GO ON A VACATION PERIOD?!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                Hmmm....I wonder if that logic will work the next time I buy something. "I want this Playstation 3 but will only pay $40 for it."
                That's my argument for the economy-whiners.

"So if your logic is true, I should be able to walk into <your place of business> and demand <goods or service> for <obscene price/free item> because in this economy, you need my business?"
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I would have asked him if he thought that paying only a fraction of a price on a piece of property would in any way help the economy.

Comment

I've seen in so many forms so many times in VRS's posts, but this just bears commenting on again. Here we have a guy who's willing to drop $3k and then has the audacity to use the economy as justification.

Where are these asshats going to be once the economy recovers?
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

If Mr. Asshat EW was so concerned about his money how about using it for something more PRACTICAL than a vacation.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

You know with the name "Dave" being said, and you saying "I can't do that" kept reminding me of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I'm such a nerd....

Comment

You're going to write bad reviews since we are trying to rent the property for what it is worth? Why....that's.....LIBEL! We'll sue you for badmouthing our company with no evidence to support your claims. aaaaaaaaaand since you have all that money to blow on a vacation I'm sure we will come out with a nich fat chunk of change and you may actually have to <gasp> work for a living.
                          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

I don't get why people are using the economic b.s. as an excuse. I want to say, "Yeah, we are...hence why you are paying the full price." It is unwise to decrease prices to extrememly when the company or person renting out the property is prolly in dire straits as well! ID10T
                            When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Wow. I could understand starting your bargain at 3000, then going up when told no. But insisting on the price?
                              http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                              Melody Gardot

Comment

Working...
                              X