This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ShinyKitsune View Post
    I had some lady come up to the register with a bunch of stuff, over $100 in fact.

I kid you not, she said to me, "That's too expensive. Take it down to $40 and I'll buy this." When both myself and the MOD told her "No" (MOD got involved because she wanted to complain about me saying "No" to a customer), she got all pissy and left, giving some comment on how she's going to boycott the place.
    there is currently a TV commercial running nationally (I can not remember the product or service) where people just LOVE the product but not the PRICE. "Oh I'd love to buy this if it were only half the price you are asking." (NOTE here the "stuff" is supposed to be really high end clothing or perfume or something) the clerk just gets an evil grin on their face and rips the clothing in half/pours out half of the perfume bottle and says "NOW it is HALF price"!!! and drops the item on the counter.

NOW if ONLY we could to that and get a way with it that woudl be nice.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
      Simpsons quote for everything,huh Irv?
      I had to think about what context that quote was in before I remembered the episode. Nice.
      Last edited by NateTheChops; 05-31-2009, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
        I had to think about what conetext that quote was in before I remembered the episode. Nice.
        Perhaps the SC has a son who told him that morning "Buy my that raincoat or go to hell!"
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I used to know a woman that would haggle in big box retailers.

She wouldn't fight with the clerks, however. She'd just ask to go up the chain until she reached someone with the authority to mark things down for her. And if she got to the top of the chain and they said no, she moved on.

Other than the haggling itself, she was non-sucky. She also tended to save up her shopping for one huge trip (always several hundred dollars at once), so it's not like she was looking to knock down the price on a pack of panties.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth ShinyKitsune View Post
            she got all pissy and left, giving some comment on how she's going to boycott the place.

"Oh no! A customer who wants us to sell everything at a loss isn't going to buy anything from us anymore! However will we stay in business?"
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
            X