This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO, we are NOT open!

So, 12:00 in the afternoon a customer wanders into the store, looks around, and asks "Are you open?"
    Simple enough, right?

Except for the fact that said customer ignored the readerboard that says "Coming soon!", the signs that say "We will open June 4th!", had to pry the doors open to get in, and saw that we have NO PRODUCTS on the shelves... and yet still had to ask if we were open.

I hate people.

We are currently in the process of setting up my new store, and it happens all day long. People assume that because there's cars in the parking lot, we MUST be open.

One woman called a few days ago and said "I'd like to refill my prescription" We informed her that we are not infact open yet, but will be next week. She threw a hissy fit that she's had her prescriptions filled at that store for YEARS.. which is odd, since it was previously an open field, and there are absolutly no other stores in that town.

I hate people.. seriously.

Although it has been nice not dealing with (actual) customers. Nice little break from the parade of stupid and self righteous that I'm used to dealing with.

She threw a hissy fit that she's had her prescriptions filled at that store for YEARS.. which is odd, since it was previously an open field, and there are absolutly no other stores in that town.
    Customers always pull that "I've been with this x-company for years" crap. A part of me wants to tell them, "well if you have been with us for years, shouldn't you know about how we work?"

Comment

Heh. If I were you, I'd setup some water-ballon-loaded-slingshots aimed at the door, and set 'em up to go off via Trip-wire...

Comment

Haha, I once had a customer saying that they've been playing on our website for 20 years. Which is an amazing feat considering our site has only been open for 15 years, and the internet only became available to the general public for 16 years.

Comment

I'm always amazed by how many people don't realize that if you have to pry the door open, the store probably isn't open! About 8 months ago my store had its grand opening, we had a huge banner on the building AND signs on every door and window. However, during set up we had people prying open doors, CLIMBING over boxes in the way and still were confused we weren't open.

When we got a little stock on the shelves, they started wandering. When told we weren't open, they would reply "it's okay, i'm just looking". It's not okay, we have pallets and boxes and all sorts of lawsuits waiting to happen all over the place.

And I still get the "I bought it here last year" whine. Sorry, not possible! It was annoying enough having people ask if we're getting so and so item in like the other stores in the chain did last year. Only two managers even had previously worked for the company.

Comment

So I'm guessing holding signs like Wile E. Coyote would be out. Repeating yourself a thousand times per day would get annoying but since customers don't read....
            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Last year my company opened a new store nearby. Some of the new hires for one depts never showed so I was asked to come in a few weeks before the store opened to help whit setup. They had to schedule people to come in and leave on the hour so they could have someone unlock the doors and let the employees in our out. Originally they would keep one set of doors unlocked by have the motors off but people kept coming in.

Despite the almost completely empty shelves except for vendor stocked soda and cookies, just the metal skeletons for the register stands, people on szizzor lifts going around the store putting the final touches on the mechanical stuff, pallets of ceiling tiles sitting on the floor waiting to be installed, most of the lights off, employees wearing street clothes getting the shelves ready to stock and the deli, bakery, etc setting up tables and organizing the back rooms to get ready to get the first frozen loads customers would sneak in and ask if we we open OR demand to know why no product was on the shelves.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                Customers always pull that "I've been with this x-company for years" crap. A part of me wants to tell them, "well if you have been with us for years, shouldn't you know about how we work?"
                Of all the bullshit SC claims, this one is number one! Hell, would be nice to tell them this instead...

I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I have a simple solution.. start nailing all those customers for trespassing and/or B&E.

Comment

Quoth Nephy View Post
                    So, 12:00 in the afternoon a customer wanders into the store, looks around, and asks "Are you open?"
                    "Why, of course we are, sir! The cover charge for your sneak peek at all the empty shelves and non-working cash registers, however, is $15. I will happily take that from you now."

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

And, naturally, I'm sure these braniacs were pissed about the horrible mess that was there -- I mean, a body could get HURT clambering over all these boxes and forcing open closed doors in the dark like this...HAVE YOU NO RESPECT FOR YOUR LONG-TIME CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE BEEN SHOPPING HERE FOR ALL THESE YEARS?! I mean, really, the NERVE...
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                        I have a simple solution.. start nailing all those customers for trespassing and/or B&E to the wall as an example to all the rest.
                        There, fixed it for ya.
                        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

If you think the store front side is bad, how bout my company's phone, I have received no less thatn 3 people that claimed to have been receiving support from my company for 3 or more years. I just started taking appointments in January... and there was never a company close to mines name in Arizona. gah!
                          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
                          X