Clear All

• all i can say is why

why do customers seem so dumb.
    okay walmart story again.
    everyone has seen the "ask for assistance for items on top shelf"

customer: climbs up on the shelf to reach something
    me; u can't be climbing on the shelves
    customer: but i need this
    me: i'm thinking there is ten associates working around you. "well get down i'll get ladder"
    customer: i almost have it she climbs on up
    me: i really have to insist you get down now she keeps climbing
    "really last warning you need to come down" then i start laughing
    customer: i can't get down
    me: why not
    customer: i'm stuck
    me: i couldn't stop it i busted out laughin called other associates over and we all had a great laugh
    customer: i want to speak to a manager as soon as i get down
    me: we got to get you down first then u can tell the manager everything

why do they do these things
    I Have Nothing But The Thoughts Of Uselessness

Why did the woman in the story get stuck? Was it because she got her shirt caught on an exposed bit of metal? Did she climb up the shelf, get vertigo, and realize that she can't get down? If that was the case, then it would be pretty mean to get other co-workers over to laugh at her in this situation. I wouldn't blame her for wanting to make a complaint to the manager-I'd probably do the same thing in this situation. At any rate, it would have been best for all involved for her to ask for assistance.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I can't blame you for laughing. She was warned and just went on her merry way upward.
      Of course, if she had fallen...oh, my.
      Or if she'd brought the whole wall down. I know how unstable those things can be sometimes.
      Can they still sue if there are signs warning them not to climb the shelves?
      Last edited by Demonoid Phenomenon; 11-15-2006, 09:02 PM. Reason: punctuation error
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

yeah it would be considered sucky if you and your coworkers just walked by and laughed.

However since she was warned and would not come down, then I would say she pretty much got what was coming to her.
        Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

She brought it on herself
          free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

I think it may have been one of those situations where it was easier to get up then to get down, right?

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
              I can't blame you for laughing. She was warned and just went on her merry way upward.
              Of course, if she had fallen...oh, my.
              Or if she'd brought the whole wall down. I know how unstable those things can be sometimes.
              Can they still sue if there are signs warning them not to climb the shelves?
              I'm sure the signs are there to protect themselves from being sued. Although I am sure SC's try.... I've seen one of those shelves come down. I would hate to be mixed up in that!
              me: i couldn't stop it i busted out laughin called other associates over and we all had a great laugh
              I agree, it was brought on by herself, and yes...yes that would be very funny....

customer: i want to speak to a manager as soon as i get down
              me: we got to get you down first then u can tell the manager everything
              He he. I would say something like, "I would loooove for you to speak to the manager! We can even watch the video!"
              WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
              X