Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is a coupon not a coupon? When it's three coupons.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a coupon not a coupon? When it's three coupons.

And now, the story behind that enigmatic half-joke.

We have a program for our loyalty card members (and also the employees, and I am stunned corporate did something nice for us once) where if you buy 10 prescriptions from our pharmacy and present your loyalty card or your employee discount card each time, you will get a coupon good for 10% off a $50 purchase.

The zeroine of this story purchased an item for 30-some dollars as part of a $50 purchase some time ago, and used her 10% coupon from the 10 prescriptions. It turned out we had that same item advertised for a lower price in our ad today, so being the insufferable cheapskate she evidently is, she brought the item and her receipt back to the swamp to re-purchase it for the lower price.

The service desk person scanned in her item at the current sale price. However, it was evidently more than the customer purchased it for with her 10% coupon, so she demanded 10% be taken off today's sale price.

The service desk lady told the customer couldn't because, well, she'd already used up her coupon. So she demanded a manager and pissed and moaned and threatened to return $200 of stuff she was buying today, including some barstools I had been asked to carry out for her, so that's how I overheard all of this. I specifically heard her say "You're going to give up $200 over five bucks?"

Well, guess what? The manager folded like a card table and did some chicanery with the register to give her the 10% off. Oh, but this still wasn't good enough. She also wanted 10% off her $200 of crap she purchased through the register before inflicting herself on the service desk. This was so unbelievable that of course the manager went along with it. The customer got three uses out of a one-time only coupon.

Then finally after all that was done, I took the barstools outside, where the customer's husband/brother/fuck buddy was waiting with his expensive SUV and wearing expensive clothes just like his wife/sister/fuck buddy. He said "Oh, with as long as I was waiting, I was thinking you were putting those together for me! Kahilk kahilk kahilk! Hyok hyok hyok!"

No, I was stuck inside waiting because your wife/sister/fuck buddy was throwing a tantrum over 5 bucks.

As it turned out, one of the barstools was missing instructions and the little bag of screws needed to put it together. He returned it and as I brought him a new one, he decided that would be a good time to put down the entire Chinese race: "These things were obviously made in China. I guess those slant-eyes can't even put a bag of screws in a box without fucking it up." Say it with me now: Money can't buy class.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Say it with me now: Money can't buy class.
    You don't even know the half of it. My best friend's dad makes well over $30 million a year and he's one of the most racist, homophobic assholes in the whole damn world.

Comment

zeroine
      i think i have a new favorite word
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This was so unbelievable that of course the manager went along with it.
        Of course! Why would a manager do something believable? That's just unbelievable!

Comment

The really great (and by "great" I mean "horrifying") thing about the whole story is the manager said to the customer as she was diddling around with the register, "Now remember, this isn't normally how we do things, we're just doing this for you this one time."

How naive, huh? Buwahahahahahahahahahaha.....
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Irv, can I just say your manager sucks big, huge MONKEY balls?
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

"Now remember, this isn't normally how we do things, we're just doing this for you this one time."

How naive, huh? Buwahahahahahahahahahaha.....
              Ya, now she's gonna come back and say "But they did it for me LAST time I was here!" and it will be the truth.
              I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

These things were obviously made in China. I guess those slant-eyes can't even put a bag of screws in a box without fucking it up." Say it with me now: Money can't buy class.

I would have requested that he be immediately banned from that store. Racism is something that should never be tollerated.
                MMO Addicts group

Comment

Working...
                X