This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
    didn't think I'd need a smiley with an obvious South Park reference...sorry...
    Not everybody watches South Park.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
      Not everybody watches South Park.
      It's actually one of my favorite episodes. Jared gets up and says his speech and then said, "I lost all the weight because I had aides" and there's this incredible silence over the crowd. At some point they say, "Hey it's been 23.7 years which means we can joke about it now"....

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post

Or he had aids...I forget which...
        And he wanted to give everybody aids! I mean aides.

That was a great episode of South Park. But then again, is there any other kind?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          That was a great episode of South Park. But then again, is there any other kind?
          Well, the Not Without My Anus all Tarance and Phillip episode. It was funny conceptually as an April fool's joke to screw with the "Who is Cartman's father" people, but watching it actually sucked quite a bit.
          Last edited by Geek King; 06-05-2009, 04:24 PM. Reason: Realized Asses of Fire was from the movie.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I remember when that came out. The previous episode -- a cliffhanger -- ended with words to the effect of "find out on our next episode, coming in four weeks". I knew they HAD to be up to something when I looked at a calendar and realized that 4 weeks from that night was April Fools' Day. It just happened to fall on a Wednesday that year... I would have been upset if they had *failed* to pull something like this.

What scares me is how many people were surprised by it...As I recall, a number of SP boards turned into rivers of flame ("how DARE you guys who like to f___ around and mess with people's heads pull a prank on APRIL FOOLS' DAY! Ther nerve!"....or, at least, that's how I interpreted it).

If they hadn't already earned my loyalty with the first episode, the April Fools' one would have gotten me addicted right there. I loved it.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X