This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
    Does that include the penis showing game?
    OT
    I have not seen the movie (yet) but this reminds me of a party I went to back in the BBS days (1994-ish).

One of the girls, Garcie, decided to stage a "Social Experiment" to find out how many penes she could see in one night at that one party. Our parties back then averaged around 75-100 people, easily. She had to do the asking, but I was the official score-keeper. I registered her final tally at 36 flaccid and 2 erect (I even remember the names of those two!). Those were the days! LOL!
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
      OT
      I have not seen the movie (yet) but this reminds me of a party I went to back in the BBS days (1994-ish).

One of the girls, Garcie, decided to stage a "Social Experiment" to find out how many penes she could see in one night at that one party. Our parties back then averaged around 75-100 people, easily. She had to do the asking, but I was the official score-keeper. I registered her final tally at 36 flaccid and 2 erect (I even remember the names of those two!). Those were the days! LOL!
      The two erect penis' had names? What were they, Rod and Johnson?
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

IT'S THE GOOOOAAAT!

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          The two erect penis' had names? What were they, Rod and Johnson?
          Actually, since I know only their real names, let's just call them Richard and William (Dick and Willy).
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
            "The customer is always right!"
            And my response to that common line (though I have never said it to a customers face for obvious reasons, though I have thought it to myself several times...)

"The customer is NOT always right. Often the customer is a clueless moron. If this comment offends you, chances are you ARE that moron."

=p
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

For all you fans of "Waiting..." I can tell you there was actually a sequel made called "Still Waiting" - it was a direct-to-DVD release, but it's out there

And CRML - the crazy chick in question is Naomi. (Who's been working here waaaaaaay too long.)

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                Which is why I refuse to see the movie. My husband said the same thing, and I've heard enough horror stories from his kitchen jobs. I'd like to keep what little blissful ignorance I have left.
                It's actually quite funny and would fit in rather well with the general them of "customers are idiots" that we have going on here so often.

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
                Does that include the penis showing game?
                While I have never experienced that particular game myself, and rather doubted its existence, chalking it up to creative license on the part of the moviemakers, several of my colleagues have told me that not only does that game exist, they have actually worked at places where it was an ongoing thing. Maybe I am just lucky, I guess.

Quoth VComps View Post
                For all you fans of "Waiting..." I can tell you there was actually a sequel made called "Still Waiting" - it was a direct-to-DVD release, but it's out there.
                But....is it any GOOD? I.e., is it worth our effort, or will we just want to wring the moviemakers' collective necks for wasting our time and money?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  But....is it any GOOD? I.e., is it worth our effort, or will we just want to wring the moviemakers' collective necks for wasting our time and money?

Saw it a couple of weeks ago. As in MOST sequels, kinda 'eh'. Not nearly as good as the first, but a few funny scenes that were a call back to the original.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I feel for the OP; when I used to work for the pizza place, there'd nearly always be on a weekend night a clueless moron or two who'd either walk in or call in with an extremely complicated order five minutes before we closed. I know that it's different from working in a restaurant, but believe me, it's just as irritating when all you want to do is just go home, eat and go to bed and instead you're stuck making some selfish SC's damn food order. -.-
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I don't know if other waitstaff/bartenders have experienced this, but when I was serving, the one's that came in late were (with very few exceptions) high-maintainence, rude and tipped badly.

There were a few regulars that I had that were just ditzy when it came to time, and I never minded them coming late because they'd always make it worth my while. Unfortunately, these people were an EXTREME minority.

I think people who walk into a restaurant right before closing time are inconsiderate shitbags, for the most part.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        I don't know if other waitstaff/bartenders have experienced this, but when I was serving, the one's that came in late were (with very few exceptions) high-maintainence, rude and tipped badly.
                        The rare occasions I've been in a restaurant until closing (generally going for drinks after work), I've always added a couple extra bucks to my part of the tip. And I usually tip 20% to begin with.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                          "The customer is always right!"

My mom said that to me once.
                          Arrgggghhhh!!!!!! My mother's said that to me, too! I tried to tell her that line absolutely is NOT true, have given her examples of when they are NOT right, but still will not see things the way I do.

Hopefully one day, I will be able to make her see the light.
                          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I have actually said TO CUSTOMERS who used that line, "Good customers are always right, but trust me, customers are NOT always right. And bad customers are RARELY right."

Yet another reason why I love working in a bar. Very few people want to argue with the guy providing them with their libations! (See my sig below....)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              The rare occasions I've been in a restaurant until closing (generally going for drinks after work), I've always added a couple extra bucks to my part of the tip. And I usually tip 20% to begin with.
                              Then you would have been in the category of my cool regulars, who tipped me extra to let them seat late.

Comment

just curious. how many of you that are wait persons read Waiter Rant? One of my favorite blogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X