Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You saw me at the register so why the hell do I gotta show my receipt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder here to keep things on an SC level so this thread doesn't get shut down.

If you want to discuss the legalities pertaining to stores searching customers' purchases, that's fine well and good - over at Fratching.

Otherwise, let's keep the boards free of debates.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

http://fratching.com/showthread.php?t=1108

Comment

Anriana, please see my reply on fratching when it posts. I didn't mean any offense and I wasn't calling you out specifically. I'm sorry if you were offended. My point was that people who knowingly violate a known store policy, posted or otherwise, yet continue to shop at that place aren't being fair to the employees who are just trying to do their job. Thats it. Sorry again.

Comment

Quoth thelong1 View Post
          It's the same entitlement bullshit that everyone who frequents this site deals with on a daily basis.
          How is not wanting to show a receipt, being a EW?
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Its not the "not wanting to show your receipt" part. Thats fine, its if you aren't treating the employees who are just trying to do their job fairly or with respect. The entitlement is from knowingly violating a store policy you don't agree with and continuing to shop there anyway. It's in thinking that a store policy doesn't apply to you or that you don't need to follow it because you don't agree with it that is the sucky part. I'm not trying to be an ass here. All I'm saying is be nice to people who are just trying to do their job. If you don't like how something is done don't shop there or take it through the appropriate channels to get it corrected.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
              How is not wanting to show a receipt, being a EW?
              That's already been answered. Take it to fratching.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I think what gets on my nerves with the whole receipt checking thing (again, as has been mentioned, Sam's Club & Costco are a different kettle of fish since they're private members' clubs) is that they are, in essence, telling me to prove that I'm not a thief.
                And the flip part is that if you don't show your receipt and walk out the door with a 5,000 purchase and we find out later that the item was never paid for, then it proves you are thief. Unless you worked for retail stores, banks, etc then you would understand why we do this. This has nothing to do with proving you are not a theif, this is proving that you paid for the items, that's all. You wouldn't believe how much money businesses lose because of not checking receipts.

Some people just do not know how much businesses lose money because we do not have good security measures. This is not a personal thing and people need to stop taking this personally.

This also comes to my next point, employees are the ones who get punished the most for not doing anything not the customers. I haven't checked IDs for checks and guess what? I was pulled into the office and my job was threatened.

You may not like it but guess what? Some of us want to keep our jobs.

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
                  Correct. I don't shop at membership stores so I have no obligation to waste time with letting my purchases be checked, so I just keep walking.
                  Yeah, I have to agree with Anriana. I dont' stop, either. I'm never rude, but I won't stop, either.

Now, I do shop in memberships stores, and since it's part of my membership agreement, I have absolutely no problem stopping to show a receipt. And hypothetically, if they posted the policy on the entrance when I entered, I would have no problem showing it. I'd even show it if I didn't agree beforehand if I was doing something that might arouse suspicion, such as carrying out merchandise that was not bagged or something like that.

But to be leaving with my purchases, in a store bag, and be stopped 20 feet from the register? Naw. Not involving myself with that. I didn't agree beforehand, and I'm doing nothing to arouse suspicion. So no, they can go bother someone else.

I'm still not going to be rude about it. But if they are going to accuse me publicly of theft, they need to do so in such a way that I can get a lawyer in on the fun.

I mean, is there anyone here who would allow themselves to be frisked? I don't see too much of a difference. And that may well be next.

Comment

Why do people have to be such asshats about such silly stuff?

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well, since you can't seem to restrain yourselves from continuing the argument after two mods dropped notes in the thread, we'll help you out.

Thread closed.
                      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X