Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any former "GameStore" employees here? Share your SC stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Alpha Strike View Post

In fact, when product shortages drag on for a long time - like they have with the Wii - it generates a lot of negative publicity. With that publicity comes pissed off customers who don't have the patience to wait and end up picking up a different item or who buy less of the extras (controllers, games, etc) from which the real money is made. Finally, with no product on the shelf, you lose the impulse buyers and the last-minute shoppers.
    The actual main reason for the Wii shortage in the US was the exchange rate between currencies. At the time of release, the Dollar was much weaker than the Euro, so most Wii's were shipped to Europe. Now that Europe is pretty saturated, you are finding the Wii pretty easily in the States.

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
      Geek King: It has the Master System Phantasy Star, as well. Still one of my favorite RPG's of all time. And it's haaaard. It doesn't baby you like most RPG's these days do.
      Sssshhh! You're giving away all the surprises!
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

• Quoth Geek King View Post
        Sssshhh! You're giving away all the surprises!
        Haha. I bought that game last week (the Sonic Collection) and have spent the last for-freakin-ever replaying the Shining Force games...

I forgot how much I loved those games.
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

• Quoth Fenrus View Post
          Haha. I bought that game last week (the Sonic Collection) and have spent the last for-freakin-ever replaying the Shining Force games...

I forgot how much I loved those games.
          Which Shining Force games are on it?

I know I still have the Sega CD version somewhere, and at least one of the Genesis carts...

But what really ticked me off was the Shining Force 3 for the Saturn... we only got 1 third of the game released in English, the other 2 thirds only came out in Japan. So, if they were actually smart enough to include Shining Force 3, I'd snatch that game up in a heartbeat!

But I know my luck when it comes to the rarer games for the Saturn... and I seriously doubt Sega was smart enough to actually do that.
          "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
          --StanFlouride

Comment

• Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
            Which Shining Force games are on it?

I know I still have the Sega CD version somewhere, and at least one of the Genesis carts...
            The genesis carts and the series' spiritual predecessor, Shining in the Darkness, are on it. Not the Sega CD one (tho I wish they had)...I still have mine tho. The SCD one was just a port of 3 GameGear or similar portable games, but it was still a fun little package.

I need to replay those suckers...but PStar 1 gets first crack at my gamersoul...It was my first (post-Crash) console game, and my first non-computer RPG ever. I still love that *&$@^%# hard little bugger
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• I've seen a dumbass who pirated ROMS or games to his PSP try to sell them used. >.<
              Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

• Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                Because it's warm and it's confined.

If you ever talk to an appliance or tv repairmen, they will tell you it's fairly common if the the house itself is infested. They touch the wrong component and zzzzzt, they ground and short out the appliance.
                back when I worked for an appliance repair company, my poor young technician was on his first day running calls by himself, as he'd been aiding the senior tech and learning until then, and his second call of the day, he sits on the floor, and pulls open the kickplate, and promptly has a lapful of roaches.. and yes, the roaches had shorted out the control board.
                "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

• Quoth Setsunaela View Post
                  and yes, the roaches had shorted out the control board.
                  So, not just a lapful of roaches, but a lapful of cooked roaches.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X