This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Basically sounds like the login screen in most recent Windows' operating systems. You can set up separate accounts for each user, and can limit what each account can do/get into.
    Which I rather like, because once my children are old enough to start using the computer, I don't want them accidentally deleting crucial files or installing resource-draining programs or malicious viruses. So limiting their access until I can teach them how to use a computer responsibly is a good thing to me.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Ok, so this mom wanted to limit access to MySpace and IM and any other program that might harm her children? Not just on her computer but apparently on any other computer her child might use?

Because, you know, the government is going to shut down legitimate, legal buisnesses because SHE is worried her child might be badly influenced by them or their product? Instead of mom parenting in the first place?

Riiiiiiight.

Comment

Good Grief! this sounds like the anti-(insert pastime) groups around. I can't belive there are people out there who would admit they don't want to be responsible parents.

I mean, I know there are people who don't want to, but that they would ADMIT it!
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
        X