Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knew they had multiple flavours of cookies? Here in Canada, we have the "old school" Girl Guide cookies in the spring (Vanilla cookies with vanilla creme in one row and chocolate cookies with chocolate creme in the other) and around Christmas, they sell the chocolate coated choco-mint cookies with a peppermint creme.

Of course I remember selling peanut butter ones about 20 years ago. They only had them for 2 or 3 years and then they stopped selling them. For several years after that, we would still get little old ladies coming up to us asking about the peanut butter cookies.

I miss them and Pirate cookies just aren't the same... close but not quite right

Comment

Ahhh Girl Scouts. I miss those days of doing whatever necessary to get people to buy my cookies so I could get my badge

I am partial to the chocolate peanut butter patties myself, but I do like Thin Mints. Mmmm
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I somehow missed out on Thin Mints this year.

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I think their philosophy was that the cookies sold themselves.

I am not sure they were wrong.
          Well, Duh. Anything will sell itself if you put enough crack in it.

Seriously, they must have crack in them. The peanut butter sandwich ones with the really hard cookie part rock. Keebler does a pretty good knock off of the thin mints. They just lack the crack.
          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            It is so far outside of my job description it is downstairs, outside the office, 10 blocks down Granville from here in a pair of fish nets waggling its tongue between two fingers at passing cars.
            Ok, you. As in the person I am speaking with, are essentially a intellectual singularity. The point within a terrible, mental black hole at which all thought is cruelly sucked in and than compressed into a zero sum of nothingness. Around this epicenter where thought goes to die is a overwhelming aura of suck that slowly draws away the mental strength of any caught within its currents.
            As she had somehow managed to get into a pair of jeans that were at least 6 sizes too small. Not only were they clearly cutting off circulation, but they also didn’t come up all the way because they couldn’t. This of course creates a wonderful, completely unattractive effect similar to putting too much yeast in bread dough before you let it rise.....and than shoving a brillo pad down the front of the pan.
            You always conjure up such delightful imagery, Gk.
            So here I am, trapped behind a wall of nubile young girl flesh and the only thing I’m doing is pondering reaching a hand out towards the envious looking guy across from me at yelling “Sanctuary! SAAANCTUARTY!” at him in the hopes he’ll tag me out.
            You should totally do that next time, should you be so unfortunate. If they think you're crazy, they might try to make some distance between you.
            Oh, well, as long as the middle names are different that clearly eliminates any and all confusion that could possibly arise from naming both your children the exact same thing. I mean it’s not like you could ever get them mixed up as long as everyone they meet asked them for their full legal name.

Not the most imaginative parents in the world, eh?
            I have a friend with a half-brother who has the same first and last name. Then again, his half-brother is only a few months older than he is. Yeah, his dad was fooling around, and named them both the same thing so he wouldn't screw up when talking to his wife.
            Best part is I offered the non-emergency number and she said she already had it. Which means she specifically chose the number typically reserved for if the property is burning down to complain about scared little girls.
            Awww... I was hoping you'd point out her failure in actually leading the scouts she's in charge of. Hell, if you can't explain how a security guard is there to protect you from bad guys to a bunch of little girls in your charge, that's pretty sad.
            Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Well, George Forman gave all his sons the same name...
            All five sons and two of four daughters are named George.

He actually has a reason for it, though. Seems his father never really acknowledged him, so he named his kids after himself so that they would never have any doubts about his involvement in their lives.

I still think naming all your kids the same thing is silly, though.
            Quoth Jester View Post
            I think their philosophy was that the cookies sold themselves.

I am not sure they were wrong.
            They're mostly right.

I refuse to buy cookies if the scouts won't at least make an effort.

I sold a ton of stuff (jewelry, pizzas, gummi bears) when I was in school, and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy something from some kid who's too apathetic to even give me a pitch.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper
              Life is not this complicated! At least it’s not for those of us that can actually outwit furniture.
              Screw sigging it, I want to make that into a bumper sticker! Maybe pink camo with sparkly writing.

Quoth Andara
              I have a friend with a half-brother who has the same first and last name. Then again, his half-brother is only a few months older than he is. Yeah, his dad was fooling around, and named them both the same thing so he wouldn't screw up when talking to his wife.
              Wow, just wow. Really? I guess if you have memory problems it makes sense, in a cracked-out sort of way. I hope the brothers have a sense of humor about it.
              "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                They wouldn't be the stars of this CS cartoon? Customers Suck 2008-04-06
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The Red brothers parents obviously took their naming inspiration from George Foreman. You know him? All 5 of his sons are named George Foreman. so....... intelligent. You can call half your kids with one name.

Comment

Working...
                  X