This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    DON'T YOU KNOW THE DEWWY DECIMAL SYSTEM!?!

Are you sure it's dew on that decimal system or did someone shake hands with Ben Franklin?
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Hell, had she been successful, her kids would have been very disappointed come time to go to college. Did she not get the message that speculators and stupid publishers screwed up the comics market right after they got done with the sports card market?

^-.-^
      Or the toy market or the.....

I remember when they started making Star Wars figures again in 1996 (the ones that look like the STar Wars characters on steroids), you couldn't find any of them anywhere. I think I got my first one in New York at FAO Schwartz. People were buying them, keeping them in their little plastic prisons because well the original Star Wars figures were worth something. This was without realizing is that the reason why original STar Wars figures in mint condition were worth something is because well most of them were played with, so one still in packaging and what not would be rare. If everyone keeps them in hermetically sealed packages..well that condition wont be rare. Such was probably the case with comic books and sports cards (What do you mean you put MIckey Mantle in the spokes of your bike....Gah!)

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
        I guess even comic nerds can be SCs.

Welcome.
        Oh, they can be the absolute worst SCs imaginable.

Do a web search for "catpiss man" to see how bad it can get.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
          Or the toy market or the.....

I remember when they started making Star Wars figures again in 1996 (the ones that look like the Star Wars characters on steroids), you couldn't find any of them anywhere. I think I got my first one in New York at FAO Schwarz. People were buying them, keeping them in their little plastic prisons because well the original Star Wars figures were worth something. This was without realizing is that the reason why original Star Wars figures in mint condition were worth something is because well most of them were played with, so one still in packaging and what not would be rare. If everyone keeps them in hermetically sealed packages..well that condition wont be rare. Such was probably the case with comic books and sports cards (What do you mean you put Mickey Mantle in the spokes of your bike....Gah!)
          Being a former FAO Schwarz (no "t" ) employee, I've had this exact discussion with many parents. Sometimes it was a battle to keep the damn action figures (and POKEMON CARDS) out of the hands of collectors/speculators just so the kids could get them, too.
          Last edited by Mike Taylor; 06-18-2009, 01:57 AM.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
            Being a former FAO Schwarz (no "t" ) employee, I've had this exact discussion with many parents. Sometimes it was a battle to keep the damn action figures (and POKEMON CARDS) out of the hands of collectors/speculators just so the kids could get them, too.
            It ticked me off because I could never find the figures at Toys R Us but I could find plenty of them at the local comic shops at inflated rates. Then Hasbro/Kenner caught on that the figures were catching on and just flooded the market.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Are you sure it's dew on that decimal system or did someone shake hands with Ben Franklin?
              Bah. My creative spelling is wasted on your bourgeois appreciation.

Yeah...that's it. It's art.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
              X