This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, EXCCCCUUUUUUSEEE ME!

I call a member to inform them that our driver is on location and this is the message I hear on the voice mail:

DSC: Drama-Sucky Customer

"Hi this is *******. I'm not talking to anyone so your best bet is to text message me or I won't call you back."

This member requested that we call him when we arrive. PEOPLE! When you request a service to call you - I advise either being prepared to answer your phone or having a message that is half-way decent - not one that will make me not care if you get service or not!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Please tell me that the driver drove off without him...
    "The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    - Nathaniel Borenstein

Comment

Oh how I wish! No, the asshat checked his message and met my driver outside in a few minutes.

Usually, when we don't reach them, we leave a message stating the driver will wait 15 mins. In some cases, such as this one, I LOVE leaving that message because I can be so snotty and matter-of-fact.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        When you request a service to call you - I advise either being prepared to answer your phone or having a message that is half-way decent

Hmmmmmmm, now I'm curious and want to know how some messages come across.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Rapscallion, maybe she was in a hurry because she knew her phone was about to shut off.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Hmmmmmmm, now I'm curious and want to know how some messages come across.
            I have been told that some of mine are a bit obnoxious, though usually amusing. But then, I look at it this way: there are only four kinds of people who are going to call my phone:

1. My friends or family. They know me, they are used to it.
            2. Potential clients to hire me for magic. If they don't have enough of a sense of humor to get the joke in whatever message I have, they are not going to enjoy my act anyway.
            3. People I don't know or who don't know me that well who are calling me for some other reason. Just as with potential clients, if they don't have a sense of humor, screw 'em.
            4. Telemarketers or other people I don't know that I don't care about. Since I don't care about them, it means beans to me either way.

Basically, if someone thinks their call is important enough, they will leave a message. If not, no skin off my nose.

By the way, when I say "a bit obnoxious," a good example of one such message that one of my friends used that phrase to describe went something like this:

"Hi there! This is Jester. If you are getting this message, that means that I am either working, sleeping, involved in some other important activity, or just plain don't want to talk to you. Feel free to leave a message, and when I finish whatever I am doing, or decide I feel like talking to you, I will call you back. Thanks!"

I think that about sums up my feelings about the whole thing!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              By the way, when I say "a bit obnoxious," a good example of one such message that one of my friends used that phrase to describe went something like this:

"Hi there! This is Jester. If you are getting this message, that means that I am either working, sleeping, involved in some other important activity, or just plain don't want to talk to you. Feel free to leave a message, and when I finish whatever I am doing, or decide I feel like talking to you, I will call you back. Thanks!"

Mine is close to yours. "Hi! You've reached Becky's phone. If you're getting this, it means I'm either asleep or at work, so please leave a message and I'll get back to you."

I'm thinking of changing it to something like, "Why are you calling me at this time? You KNOW I'm unavailable for whatever reason...Call me back at a more acceptable hour!!!!"
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Cell phone message:

Hi I'm at home right now so I can't take your call. But next time I'm out I'll get this and call you back.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  I'm thinking of changing it to something like, "Why are you calling me at this time? You KNOW I'm unavailable for whatever reason...Call me back at a more acceptable hour!!!!"
                  I wish I could have two messages on my cell. One, the normal one for normal hours. (Well, as normal as any of MY messages ever get!) The other wold sound very much like the above message, and be for those jackholes who insist on calling me in the early morning (which to me is anything before 10 am). This includes a certain good friend of mine who has known me for years, knows I don't do mornings, and still calls me at stupid hours. But all is well....I have a revenge plot in the works as we speak. And it is wrong....oh so very wrong.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Mine:
                    Hey, I'm not available right now. Leave me a message and I'll call you back when you're not available and leave you one. 'Cause that's just the way this works.
                    Am I right, folks?

Comment

Working...
                    X