This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy tries to steal, then asks for discount

I had to fill in for a co-worker's, P's, break, and when I walked into her register, she said, "Cosmic Cat, there is this guy that you need to watch! He keeps making returns over and over again! He bought this stuff here *points to sacks* and he wants to buy this other stuff *points to pile of stuff.*"

So later the guy comes back. He said, "Can I have one giant sack for this stuff so I don't have to carry two bags?"

So I give him the other bag and he puts the two smaller sacks in it. Then he starts putting the *unpaid* items in it.

Me: You didn't pay for that one.
    SC: Um, uh, I forgot.
    Me: Would you like to pay for it now?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: *scan*
    SC: How much was that toolbox?
    Me: $39.99
    SC: WHAT?!? YA'LL ARE RIPPING ME OFF! I COULD GO TO WAL-MART AND GET THE SAME THING FOR $3! Blah Blah blah! Complain complain! Isn't it on sale?
    Me: No.
    SC: Um, it should be half off.
    Me: Is that what the sign said?
    SC: No. But there was like, um, this other toolbox one time, and it was half off.
    Me: I'm sorry, but you'll have to pay the regular price.
    SC: I don't want it. I'M LEAVING!
    Me: *calls LP*

Crazy man! First he tries to steal the toolbox, then demands that I give it to him for half the price! What an idiot!

Quoth Cosmic Cat View Post
    Then he starts putting the *unpaid* items in it.
    Right in front of you? Man, this guy is new at this whole "stealing" thing-maybe in should get lessons or something.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
      Right in front of you? Man, this guy is new at this whole "stealing" thing-maybe in should get lessons or something.
      WOn't the universe collapse if SCs begin to learn from mistakes?

Comment

Quoth kurisu7885 View Post
        WOn't the universe collapse if SCs begin to learn from mistakes?
        Just the opposite-most of the time, being an SC is a mistake.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

SC: Um, it should be half off.
          Me: Is that what the sign said?
          SC: No. But there was like, um, this other toolbox one time, and it was half off.
          Clearly, this gentleman carefully plotted this elaborate ruse. Impenetrable logic, right there.

Comment

SC: WHAT?!? YA'LL ARE RIPPING ME OFF! I COULD GO TO WAL-MART AND GET THE SAME THING FOR $3! Blah Blah blah! Complain complain! Isn't it on sale?
            it seems the concept of 'quality' is alien to this assbag.
            DILLIGAF

Comment

SC: How much was that toolbox?
              Me: $39.99
              SC: WHAT?!? YA'LL ARE RIPPING ME OFF! I COULD GO TO WAL-MART AND GET THE SAME THING FOR $3!
              A toolbox for $3??? I don't even think thrift stores sell them for that price.

What a loser that guy is.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

i'd like to see this mythical $3 toolbox myself, but it's hiding behind the leprechaun's pot of gold.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

If that guy wanted a toolbox for that price, he should have gone to a open air flea market, or even yard and/or garage sales.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Fitting. a $3 toolbox for a cheap tool.

Comment

I have seen the $3 toolbox, and it is not mythical, nor hiding, nor even that hard to find.

It IS, however, cheap, plastic, small, and priced about $2.50 too high for the quality craftsmanship it represents.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Do people not realize that retail is not "Let's make a deal?" You pay the goddamn price listed on the item, or don't buy it.

Comment

Working...
                        X