This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    Traditionally, my dad orders a "turducken" online Not this year though b/c the family clan in NJ has all the food planned already (they don't know what they're missing...).
    I have a cousin who is a cook, and he's had to make that before. I prefer his nickname for it -- "chicken of the three asses." Apparently it's a delicacy.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Ostriches are even stupider than turkeys. My dad's friend is an ostrich farmer, and he said you have to keep the ostriches in a round pen because if you put them in a square one, they'll get in a corner and then can't figure out how to get out of it!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Because Thanksgiving in America is next Thursday and to most Americans, Thanksgiving without turkey is like a birthday without presents and cake.
        Gah! Of course! *feels like an idiot now*
        We don't do Thanksgiving in Australia, so the big upcoming event is Christmas, I still don't understand why they need the Christmas turkey now, though.
        God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Quoth Cosmic Cat View Post
          My dad's friend is an ostrich farmer, and he said you have to keep the ostriches in a round pen because if you put them in a square one, they'll get in a corner and then can't figure out how to get out of it!
          I know humans like that.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth The Gatekeeper View Post
            You know they say that the domestic turkey is so dumb that it can actually drown in a rain storm (they look up at what's tapping them on the head and drown). I'm thinking that some of these customers might be more closely evolved from those dim birds than monkeys.
            Sorry to burst your bubble, but the turkey thing is an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/turkey.htm

Comment

I can never hear the word "turkey" without thinking of the immortal line from WKRP in Cincinnati... "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
              X