This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing memory banks. (epic story)

After posting in greetings i mentioned I'd post a epic (i guess) story. Well, here it is!

[Background] = The supermarket I worked at was next to a stopbank. The carpark on the otherside held a car boot sale each weekend. Supermarket started losing parks to people going to the 'riverbank market' and not the supermarket. Well they cant have that! It started with signs advising our carpark wasnt for the riverbank market. WOuld I post this if that was enought..... i didnt think so [/background]

One point I was working at a supermarket, and was asked to do the carpark shift. This involved catching those I saw parking and going to the market (fairly obvious, entrance to supermarket was opposite direction to the Riverbank market) and advising them they could not do this. But if they shopped in the supermarket first, I didnt care. Likewise people who just shopped in the supermarket could go to the market.

Had the usual "this is f**king rediculous" etc. Those I smiled and waved at. Got to call a tow truck twice.

Then one fine morning, this gentleman (use the term loosely) parked and i watched the rest of his family head to the RbM, while he locked up. He headed in that direction. Our brave hero valiantly catches to him and politely advised he couldnt do this. He was having none of this. Swearing his head off he headed backto his van. I was standing in an empty car park, noting his license plate down as I had a strange feeling he would do something. Suddenly I hear revving. I turn and see him, in his van, accelerating rather more than was neccessary, and lo and behold. HE SWUNG TOWARDS ME. At this point, dear readers. I discovered I am very agile and have fast reactions. Jumping backwards out of the way, even having to push on his door (while in midair) to make sure I was clear. Yes. That close. He cuts across empty parks to the next lane, then leaves the carpark.

(Sorry this is getting very long)

Surprisingly calm, I went inside, advised the manager I was no longer working this shift, and could he please call the police. As I went to the staff room for a cup of tea (sadly with no whiskey) i looked out the windows(which overlook the RvbM) and spot the man gathering his family back into the van and leaving... wonder why....

Yes I pressed charges, he would not have taken notice of a warning. There is more to come but I'm sure you all need a rest break. stay tuned, same bat channel, same bat time.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

There's more? Do tell! I love long stories.
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

When can we expect a sequel? It doesn't matter how long it is.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Wow. You should really teach him a lesson. I mean what was he thinking???
        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
        Melody Gardot

Comment

to Customers Suck. There's Coffee, soda and alcohol to your left. Cookies, sammiches and pizza to your right. And of course the brain bleach

And omg post more! XD

Comment

Ooooo.. you need to update this as it goes along! This is very interesting.. and jailtime for the guy should result.

Comment

Update! UPDATE!

I'm glad you're okay!
              "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

What is a stopbank?

Comment

Welcome!

Do keep us updated

Question: Are you still working there? Or is this a past-employment?

Comment

You SOOOOOOOOOOO need to post an update!!

I cant take the suspense!

Comment

Holy crap. That seems attempted manslaughter! I hope he gets his ass thrown into jail with big bubba. That's definately NOT okay. What a jerk! I'm glad you reacted so fast and didn't get hit. Makes me loose even MORE faith in humanity and quite honestly I didn't think I could go any lower.

Comment

Don't worry about length, here. We love epic tales of SC's getting what's coming to them!

Let us know how this all turns out!

.... it's like a cliff-hanger...

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          .... it's like a cliff-hanger...
                          It is!!

Welcome, and please post the rest!!
                          whohatesshrimp?

Comment

You can't post a story like that and leave out the good part!(SC getting come upance.)

Comment

wow, such high demand! i assure i'm not so cruel as to leave you hanging... much longer. i'll need to use the desktop to post later though, as i have to use one hand to hold the power plug on my laptop.

heck, i even get a minor one-up on his lawyer!

Hobbs - past time employment, i'm in an office now (not that that could rule out automobile stunts these days... :|)

Casey - a stopbank is a nice looking pile of dirt on either side of a river, running parallel to it. keeps the water inline incase the river rises or floods. (my town is in a valley)
                              "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                              Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Working...
                              X