This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go. Away.

Why do people think I want to chit chat? This week so far has been particularly bad.

Rambler the First asks what class we have at 10am. I barely look up and point to where I've convienently listed all of today's classes on the white board and mutter "Intermediate Word." I'm already irritated as I've got a newspaper on my desk (and am obviously reading it). Hubster and I can't afford a subscription, so I can't even remember the last time I got to read the comics.

Rambler: Oh. Ok. I think that one's a little too advanced for me, so I'm not going to take it.
    Me: Whoop-de-doo. *tries to go back to newspaper*
    Rambler: It's cool how many classes the library has. But you know which one really makes me laugh? Basic Access. There's nothing "basic" about Access. You familiar with all the Office prorgrams? They used some big database program as their inspiration for Access. *blah blah blah ramble ramble ramble. I tuned him out at this point with only the occasional "Mhmm" and go back to the newspaper. He finally goes away*

Rambler the Second took the class. She took class yesterday too. She also has to yammer on about nothing. Mostly about how wonderful the "training" offered by the library and how she was going to take this other course, but they only gave her a couple hours' window and then required a test at the end and that's just not right because she can't learn it that fast and it really sucks that her lack of skills with Office is keeping her from getting a job, but maybe it's not that bad since being out for the summer means she can come and take all the classes she wants and really learn it good, and something about the bus faire going up and the President promised a lightrail system and yadda yadda yadda....

Seriously, people. I've got stuff to do. I don't have time for this nonsense. GO AWAY!
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Sounds very familiar this week. And what's with the punctuated use of my name? You don't know me. The transaction's over. There's nothing you can now gain from the familiarity, unless creeping me out is your goal.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
    X