X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Hobbs View Post

A movie? Can you tell us?
    It was some little European art film about a homocidal crazy who worked at a park as their mascot. I made this REALLY creepy grinning pig head for them. Freakiest thing I've ever done, even counting the freaky things I made on accident when I was first learning.

And man, that fish guy would be fun. You could probably make it a lot easier by modifying the Simplicity fish costume, http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...patternid=4382 (I actually am not the best person at following patterns, I never use any in my ordinary work, patterns for mascot-style animal costumes don't exist.)
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

After some thinking time, I've worked out the reason passive agressive people are passive agressive.

You can ask them to do something that's a minor inconveniece and they'll get all huffy and act like you've committed some mortal sin.

They don't want you to think they're rude, so they use passive agressive emotional manipulation to guilt you into doing "the right thing".

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        I'm going to go out on a limb here and just make the observation that that guy has smaller issues than being passive aggressive.

Just sayin'.
        Um, Kink? You seemed to have a typographical error in your post. Corrected that for you. No charge or thanks necessary.

Rapscallion

Comment

.. Idunno, but I seem to think this guy is the type who attends sex orgies with other people dressed in animal costumes.

Comment

If he was, he wouldn't be getting his costume from me, he'd be going to one of a small number of other costume makers, because I don't do what he'd be looking for.

You can be a total wanker without being a pervert, after all!

In any case the stupid thing is finished and in the mail. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope he's happy with it and I never hear from him again.
            The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
              In any case the stupid thing is finished and in the mail. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope he's happy with it and I never hear from him again.
              Good luck with that.

Custom work is it's own kind of special hell, and it's the SC's that ruin it for everyone.

My mother and aunt do beadwork and leatherwork, and they've had some real doozies.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X