X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backhanded Compliment

Another thread reminded me of this one.

Some time ago I received information that a chap was commiting [naughty offence] so I stopped him to account for his actions. Everything checked out and we sent him on his merry way, all in all we took up 13 minutes of his time (stop and account forms are ace for accuracy!).

He later writes in a letter complaining about his stop. He specifically mentions that we were polite and that we were only doing our jobs but that we stopped him for 35 minutes.

Cue an investigation by Professional Standards, an interview with a Sgt, and a 6 month wait which culminated in said Sgt stating that there was no complaint to answer but it would be shown as a "Locally Resolved" complaint on our personell files (???).

Nice to know that although we were nastilly oppressing him we were being polite about it!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

sounds a bit like the people here... no where outside of Utah have I been told I'm going to hell in such kind and caring tones

ETA- not that I think that Crazylegs is the type to be telling me I'm going to hell in kind and caring tones... I just thought it was an interesting parallel
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      ETA- not that I think that Crazylegs is the type to be telling me I'm going to hell in kind and caring tones...
      Most certainly not, it would be in gruff, uncaring tones!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        Most certainly not, it would be in gruff, uncaring tones!
        so, polite about oppressing people, but gruff and uncaring when it comes to letting people know where their souls are going, got it
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X