Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny story about someone with a loud exhaust.

We were in a parking garage after a concert. As you know it takes a long time for everyone to get out.

Since it was prepaid and we didn't feel like wasting gas Mr. Dips and just sat in our car in our parking spot with the engine off and waited for traffic to clear.

Some moron on another level has a loud exhaust and was constantly rev'ing the damn thing. It was echoing everywhere and just incredibly obnoxious. It was also sputtering and coughing.

In hopes of deflating the idiot's ego and MAYBE getting some peace and quiet, I rolled down my window, waited for another rev, then yelled, "Sounds like you need to get that fixed!"

I know the guy heard me because he floored it to make it extra loud. It was like, "ROOOOAAAAAR!...COUGH! ROOOOAAAAR!...SPUTTER...BLAM!" followed by silence.

Yes. The idiot had stalled his engine to prove some point or other. There was a pause as Mr. Dips rolled down his window. Then Mr. Dips yelled in his best Muntz singsong, "HAW! Ha!"

That was followed by just about eveyone else in the garage laughing out loud.

We heard the guy start his engine again and he was nice and quiet until he made onto the street.

Then, of course, he peeled out with much tire screeching.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

you know what, that guy in the OP must have been the guy I saw in the parking lot at the wholesale club a couple months back.

Big truck, with a jacked-up suspension, and no muffler to speak off. As he revs his engine and pulls out of his parking space, the alarm in the car next to him goes off.

I'm just thinking to myself, "If your engine is setting off other cars' alarms, GET A GORRAM MUFFLER!"
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Isn't it *illegal* to drive a vehicle without a mufffler at all? o_O;>
        Quoth sportsmom View Post
        When the hubby and I got married, he had the ugliest truck, with an amazing stereo. You would have never expected that sound to come out of that truck if you hadn't already seen it.
        A friend of my brother's some years back had a pickup like that. If you looked at it, you'd think that it would collapse into rust powder in a stiff breeze. He had, literally a five-THOUSAND dollar stereo system in it, however. He always took the real radio faceplate with him when he parked his truck, and he even went as far as to procure a custom, fake faceplate made that he put in there to complete the illusion when he wasn't using it. He liked to tell us that the stereo was worth several times more than the truck itself.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          I'd get a cheap LED, Battery, Capacitor combo from Radio Shack, set it up on the dash of my car to make it look like the security is on, and then watch with sadistic glee as the guy tries to make the "alarm" in my car go off.... until either the cops show up and cite him for disorderly conduct, or he hand-grenades his motor.
          I actually have that, though it's more sophisticated than an LED wired to a battery. In fact, it was a dealer-installed item on my car. A nice red flashing LED that comes on automatically when you shut off the engine, and turns off automatically when you start up. It also includes a kill-switch. It's rather nice, actually. Very cleanly done.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I set off a few people's car alarms in the parking garage a few years ago that way, but it wasn't intentional. My muffler came loose on my way to work, and I didn't know it until I went to pull away from a stop sign. You couldn't tell the difference when it was idling, but as soon as you gave it some gas, you thought there was some huge monster truck coming at you.

As I drove thru the garage, I kept hearing all these different people's car alarms go off. It was kind of embarrassing, actually.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
              Or the Barney song...
              How about Rosie Perez, Rosie O'Donnel, Debbie Mazar, Rosanne Barr and Fran Drescher singing Bollywood style.
              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Working...
              X