This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I deal with Scammers part II

Gather round boys and girls, it's time for another installment of my 39401 part series of How I deal with Scammers. This time: Guildbankscam THE FIGHTIN GUILDBANK!

I had too.

So.... I get a ticket stating something to the fact of:

A player from my guild robbed our guildbank and then left the guild.

Allright, easy enough.

Click Guild... Click Guildbank.... sort by date... ah yes there he is.

I create some lists to see what he took and then proceed with a chatsearch, the funniest part of them all.

Scammer: Should I rob the guildbank?
    Random: Why would you?
    Scammer: I just really want to know how it feels.
    Random: Go for it.
    Scammer: Ok, you tell them I'm on vacation and I was hacked, I don't wanna deal with this guild anymore anyway.

GREAT! I love easy cases. And, oh, what is this? He is Online!

So I deal with the "paperwork" and make everything ready. Including an Email to the guy.

Me: Hello Player, I'm gamemaster Calud. We had a report about you, do you have a moment?
    Scammer: Sure?
    Me: A player complaint that you robbed his guildbank. After having verified the issue, we have to suspend you account. We have already sent you an Email with all further details to your registered adress.
    Scammer: Wait! I already told the guy that it wasn't me and that I was hacked.
    Me: *pastes chatlogline* "Scammer: Ok, you tell them I'm on vacation and I was hacked, I don't wanna deal with this guild anymore anyway."
    Me: Yeah, right.
    Me: Would you please log of now?
    Scammer: .... How long is my account suspended?
    Me: See the details in the mail. And also HAVE A GREAT DAY!
    *Nuke and lock*
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

Curious question. Why do GMs say "Do you have a moment?" if they are simply going to tell you that your banned and boot you off? :P

Oh and Owned!
    MMO Addicts group

Comment

"Do you have a moment? YOU DO NOW!"

Comment

Quoth Calud View Post
        Me: See the details in the mail. And also HAVE A GREAT DAY!
        Bwahahahaha!!!
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Thanks to the internet, criminals practicaly arrest themselves these days huh?
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Well, it was 10 minutes before my shiftend and I didn't want to get creative.
            Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Thanks to the internet, criminals practicaly arrest themselves these days huh?
              Didn't somebody say that Crooks are stupid!
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Bwahahaha!

I love hearing tales of the pwnage you get to pull on moron scammers in WoW. It just warms the cockles of my Forsaken heart.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                  Curious question. Why do GMs say "Do you have a moment?" if they are simply going to tell you that your banned and boot you off? :P
                  Heh. FFXI simply has a Jail the GM warps you into for questioning from wherever you are at the time. Link contains some details, and you might find some video of it somewhere on youtube. I'm proud to say I was a good boy and never got dragged there.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                    Didn't somebody say that Crooks are stupid!
                    If they were very bright to begin with, they'd have already figured out there would be no way to get away with being a crook and find something constructive to do.

As it is, they're both stupid and give everybody a good laugh.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      Heh. FFXI simply has a Jail the GM warps you into for questioning from wherever you are at the time. Link contains some details, and you might find some video of it somewhere on youtube. I'm proud to say I was a good boy and never got dragged there.
                      WoW has the time-out warp, too. Someone I know from another forum has been there. He got himself a little "me" time there for something lame he did. I think it was spamming one of the chat channels.

At least, that was his story, and the screen shots appeared to support it.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        WoW has the time-out warp, too. Someone I know from another forum has been there. He got himself a little "me" time there for something lame he did. I think it was spamming one of the chat channels.

At least, that was his story, and the screen shots appeared to support it.

^-.-^
                        True. Right under GM Island. Just a blank room with a stool in the middle.
                        Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Calud View Post
                          So.... I get a ticket stating something to the fact of:

A player from my guild robbed our guildbank and then left the guild.
                          Just curious, does the game (is it WOW?) not allow someone to be a thief and rob banks? Or was this praticular robbery done in violation of game rules?
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            Just curious, does the game (is it WOW?) not allow someone to be a thief and rob banks? Or was this praticular robbery done in violation of game rules?
                            Rogues can pick locks on some items and pickpocket enemy NPCs (I don't know about players from the other faction).

Why would you do scams when you can easily make 100g a day from mining? I just go questing and mine any veins I come across, then smelt the ore and auction it.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              Ok, here's how it happens (not just a WoW thing, either):

Loser joins up with a guild and plays nice until he has decent access to the guild's shared bank. Loser then pulls everything of value out of said bank, quits the guild, then gives it to alts, friends, and mules.

Sometimes, there's not much that can be done to recover loot stolen in that manner, but since this particular Loser wasn't serious about making off with the goods and happened to have chatted with a (now former) guildmate about it, he was an easy catch.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                              X