This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs! What, where? (language)

Wow, it's been a while since anyone's annoyed me enough to post about them here.

I know what the fuck I'm talking about, thank you

(This SC's tone of voice was just so....like I was personally responsible for all his problems, not just this one)

ME: "Good evening, grocery store!"
    SC: "I was in there earlier, I was sending a Western Union, and the girl put the sender in the receiver place."
    ME: "Sorry about that. I can fix this, what I need you to do is come back with your Western Union receipt and your ID, and I can fix that right up for you."
    SC: "But I don't have ID right now!"
    ME: "I'm sorry, then I can't do anything, Western Union requires me to have ID. You can call Western Union, and maybe they can do something for you."
    SC: "But the girl she put the sender in the receiver, now he can't pick it up!!"
    ME: "I'm sorry, sir, I cannot do anything without some ID."
    SC: "But I sent it today! The girl put the sender in the receiver!!"
    ME: "I understand, sir, and I'd really like to help you, but Western Union policy is that I cannot alter a Western Union without the receipt and your ID."
    SC: "NO IT IS NOT!!!"
    ME: "Yes, sir, it is."
    SC: "I want a manager!!"
    ME: "Hold please."

I sympathize with your plight, jackass, but 1) I didn't mess up your transaction, stop fucking yelling at me, 2) the woman who messed it up didn't do it on purpose, and 3) arguing with me IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE POLICY, SO SHUT UP!!!!

You obviously know where the Coinstar is, so fucking use it

(my thoughts in italics)

So, this woman comes up to customer service and hands me a Coinstar slip for $2.70. Why the fuck did you go to the Coinstar for two frikken dollars?!

Then, she starts rummaging around in this tupperware container in her hand. Oh, she'd better not be doing what I think she's doing......

EW: "Here I need a dollar for this."

Yes, she is, what the fuck is your problem, woman?!

I sullenly hand her the change from the Coinstar and count out the handful of change she gave me and replace it with a dollar.

EW: "And here, from what you just gave me."

Fuck. You.

Using all the body language in my command I do my best to make it clear I fucking hate her now, and hand her the top dollar in my til.

EW: "This is all taped up, give me another one, I don't want one that's all taped up."

I pretty much snatch it out of her hand, exchange it for another one, and slam my til closed.

EW: "Good luck getting rid of the tapey one!"

Fucking die!!

I gave it to the next guy, he didn't have a problem with it.

I should have refused to do it, my FEM has told me I can, but I wasn't sure I could avoid adding "you stupid bitch" to the end of my sentence. It wasn't just what she did, it was her body language, you know, the body language that says "you are my servant and must do what I say." Arrgh!!

**Bonus** Cursing Out Coworkers

The sign in the bakery says you are open from 6am until 9pm.

So why is it that no one was in the bakery after six?!!?! And nobody told us, so one woman was waiting for assistance for half an hour before the evening store manager realized that there was no one here!!!

The front end manager spent two fucking hours trying to reach someone from the bakery so she could find out if someone who had an order in for tomorrow could actually pick it up in the morning.

And don't get me started on how the bakery is able to open an hour before the rest of the store.

**Double Bonus** Sighting

(overheard while I was walking)

Annoying Teenager: "This kid knows Damien, they played hock togeth!"

Her Friend Across the Busy Street: "What?" (as in "I can't hear you", not as in "what the hell was that")

Annoying Teenager: "This kid knows Damien," (carefully enunciating) "they played hock togeth!"

........because the extra two syllables would kill you? *sob*
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
    EW: "Good luck getting rid of the tapey one!"

Fucking die!!
    Jeez, what a dick move. I had this one parent come back and forth to my register while i had a line demanding that i change her dollars into quarters for her so her son could get candy from those toy machines.

I gave her six dollars worth of quarters before i had to tell her i couldn't anymore because i needed some to give as change to customers.

Needless to say she wasn't happy.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
      ...so her son could get candy from those toy machines.
      ... I gave her six dollars worth of quarters ....Needless to say she wasn't happy.
      At least take heart that, with all that candy, her pwecious widdle kid was prob a big time demon later.
      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Well, as for the coinstar, I don't really get it. What did she do? I once gathered up all my loose pennies and put them through coin star and it came to five dollars. I thought it would be more, but I had to redeem it, or I would have lost all those pennies. The girl gave me a dirty look.
        Maybe your customer thought she had more? Or was it not that, but just her attitude? I have no idea what she was doing with the dollar she gave you. If she was giving you coins, why didn't she put those in the coinstar?
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
          Well, as for the coinstar, I don't really get it. What did she do?
          <snip>
          If she was giving you coins, why didn't she put those in the coinstar?
          That's what she did. She went to the coinstar, but didn't put all her change in it, then demanded I change it out for her.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

[devil's advocate] Don't coinstars charge like 8% of what you put in? So you're losing money putting change in, really. [/devil's advocate]
            Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 06-13-2009, 12:35 AM. Reason: accidentally hit edit instead of quote button
            What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
              At least take heart that, with all that candy, her pwecious widdle kid was prob a big time demon later.
              Fun fact: sugar doesn't make kids hyper. It's the fact that candy/soda is considered a treat that gets kids to act like that.
              Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
              [devil's advocate] Don't coinstars charge like 8% of what you put in? So you're losing money putting change in, really. [/devil's advocate]
              And that is why these people harass the clerks instead of putting their change through the machine. The fee is because the people are being lazy. If they can't be arsed to pay the fee, they should count it out themselves (or find one that gives out gift cards with no fees), or they should suck it up and pay to be lazy.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Or haul it down to their bank, who should do it for free.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Annoying Teenager: "This kid knows Damien," (carefully enunciating) "they played hock togeth!"
                  I love how he defeated the whole purpose of shortening the words by having to repeat himself Seriously, that is pretty strange. I've heard "whatevs" for whatever, but usually the speaker is being facetious. But hock?? Does he call football "foot"? Silly...
                  !
                  "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                    Most banks in my area won't do that unless you have an account with them.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Actually he omitted 4 syllables. I'm sure the word "Tonsil" was implied as well.
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

It depends. Tho they may not all be "coinstar brand" -- There's one here that gives you 100% back if you accept it in credit for a specific online store like Amazon, and there's a small grocery chain here that gives you 100% as long as you put the entire amount towards your grocery bill (read: store credit rather than cash)
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Given that I generally get $35 or so out of a snapple jar of dimes and nickles, the percentage does add up over time. Though, I should check one out next time I swing by the grocery store and see if they do the no-charge gift cards. It'd be nice to be able to plunk this jar of change down on some textbooks in the fall...

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          My bank doesn't have an automatic change counter and...I dunno, for some reason it just never occured to me to be a pain and bring in large amounts of change and force them to count it. Probably because my sister used to be a teller. But there is a local bank that has a coinstar-like machine that doesn't charge and lets people without accounts use it, thankfully. Failing that, I'll roll it myself. Oh, sure, they'll have to open it and count to verify, but it'll be in neat, manageable stacks that way, and a bag of assorted paper coin sleeves can be found at most any dollar store.
                          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

"This kid knows Damien," (carefully enunciating) "they played hock togeth!"

I thought plummeting vocabulary and spelling scores caused by text messaging was bad enough but that takes the cake.
                            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
                            X