This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Now, I'm not one to complain, but..."

Oh boy, don't we all love it when an SC says that? Pregnant Co-worker went to serve an older gentleman a pint of ale. He brought it back.

SC: Excuse me, this ale doesn't taste right!
    PCW: Oh, OK, maybe it's getting to the end of the barrel. Would you like to try something else?
    SC: Fine. I will have a pint of that! *points to random ale*

PCW makes him a new pint. About a minute later, he returns.

SC: This one doesn't taste right either!
    PCW: OK, perhaps the ales we have aren't to your liking. Would you like something else? A lager?
    SC: No! I will have a pint of that! *points to another ale*

PCW makes him yet another pint. Less than minute later, he is back!

SC: This pint is cloudy! Look at it!
    PCW: What?!?

The pint was probably the definition of "the perfect pint" I am not kidding. It was crystal clear. Certainly not cloudy.

SC: The pints here are absolutely appauling! Appauling!
    PCW: I am sorry, but that is not cloudy. Not in the slightest.
    SC: Yes it is. Now, I'm not one to complain, but...
    PCW: You've been here less than five minutes and you've complained THREE times!

SC turns to me.

SC: Excuse me! Please tell your barmaid that this beer is cloudy!
    Me: I'm sorry, but that beer is not cloudy.
    SC: It is! It's appauling!
    Me: That is a fresh barrel. I hooked it up myself, and the beers lines have just been cleaned. It is crystal clear.
    SC: Well, from my point of view it is cloudy!
    Me: Then perhaps you should either clean your glasses or order something else.
    SC:
    Me: ....
    SC: Fine. I will have a lager.

Pregnant Co-worker nearly pissed herself laughing at his face.

CMRL, you really come up with the best lines to pwn an SC!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I sent back fries at a restaurant once.

I felt horribly guilty over it, but the fries tasted old and I'd come to the restaurant instead of doing a fast food lunch specifically because I'd wanted fresh fries (which I get so rarely at fast food places that I just don't order fries anymore).

The waitress was wonderful, but I felt so guilty over sending something back that I left almost the amount of the meal again for a tip.

I am perhaps a bit too self-conscious, but I still have trouble understanding how people get so rude over minor issues with their food.

Comment

Want me to send you a case of Milwakees Best for him the next time?

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
          Want me to send you a case of Milwakees Best for him the next time?
          Hell, if you're gonna send him the best (beast) of Wisconsin, why not some Schlitz?

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
            CMRL, you really come up with the best lines to pwn an SC!
            If only my quick wit could be used for good instead of evil...

Comment

what, pwning an SC is BAD? you're weird...

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
                I sent back fries at a restaurant once. I felt horribly guilty over it, but the fries tasted old and I'd come to the restaurant instead of doing a fast food lunch specifically because I'd wanted fresh fries (which I get so rarely at fast food places that I just don't order fries anymore). The waitress was wonderful, but I felt so guilty over sending something back that I left almost the amount of the meal again for a tip. I am perhaps a bit too self-conscious, but I still have trouble understanding how people get so rude over minor issues with their food.
                Please be my customer! And I promise you fresh fries. *hands yummy, crispy fry to bankworking*
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
                  I felt horribly guilty over it, but the fries tasted old and I'd come to the restaurant instead of doing a fast food lunch specifically because I'd wanted fresh fries (which I get so rarely at fast food places that I just don't order fries anymore).
                  I've never had old-tasting fries. What do they taste like?

Well, the McD's fries might have been old, but I couldn't get past the pure nastiness of the oil they fried 'em in.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth chapookie View Post
                    Hell, if you're gonna send him the best (beast) of Wisconsin, why not some Schlitz?
                    I'd recommend Old English 800 or some Schlitz Malt Liquor. I can even arrange to have it sent to him.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                      SC: Yes it is. Now, I'm not one to complain, but...
                      "You're doing a damn good job of it anyways."

Oh, and they've started brewing Schlitz again. I don't know if it's true beer or malt liquor. I'm almost tempted to try it.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I love your PCW there... nice bit of input from her

But very nicely handled! Not 'rude', but quite honest and blunt... (which, to most ppl, equals rude anyway..)
                        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                        X