Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer complains because I had the audacity to close at our POSTED TIME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    Well it's not over here; same goes for after 6 on a Sunday.
    So let me see if I understand this right. You only get paid up until a certain time of day/night regardless of how long you actually have to stay to close up?
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      So let me see if I understand this right. You only get paid up until a certain time of day/night regardless of how long you actually have to stay to close up?
      That seems to be the way it works over there. An article from February stated that, on average, UK employees will work over 8 weeks worth of unpaid time.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Which is why we try and get the cones up five minutes early. At first, our then manager said we had to close on the dot, but when we pointed out that we don't work for free, she relented and said we could close five minutes earlier. It depends on how many customers are on the forecourt; if there are loads, then it's ten minutes. As long as we leave the shop open til six, we are technically closing on time. XD

As for the lates, the petrol station closes at ten but the shift finishes at ten thirty, which gives us ample time to do all the closing stuff as well as get rid of last minute customers.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
          someone needs to invent and market and affordable remote door lock for doorbuster sales and closing time issues like this. It would also come in handy when carrying my groceries in at home....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....where's an engineer when you need one?

I'm sure there's already something like this out there, it's just not common enough. I wouldn't want the door buzzers like security desks and apartments have, I mean like a watch or pendant sized remote control

My bank's inner doors lock automatically at five after close. I'm sure there are remotes out there also, but automatic locks work well also (can still push the door from the inside, so it doesn't lock customers in).

Of course, we still have the problem of the drive thru. We pull the tubes in at close and flip on the closed sign, but we'll still have customers see us working on closing duties through the glass and buzz the annoying-sound-from-hell call button to try to wheedle us into "one last transaction". Saturday is the worst, since we're closed on Sundays. Customers just hate it when we tell them they'll have to come back Monday or use the ATM.

Comment

Working...
          X