Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be wearing one pair of shoes i got in high school right now, except that because of all the times i've moved...i can only find one. but that one is just as good as (if not better than) the current pair i have...which smell funky from being trudged through a lake and tossed in a trunk for a week...ah, camping...

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
      I have some all-leather combat boots that are that old. 8 years, now.
      I can beat that-manufacture date on mine is 1988 they were issued to me in 1999-they're still in almost perfect condition.

Quoth Arm View Post
      But these are not $10 shoes. Probably more like $150-$200. And worth it.
      Actually to buy surplus combat boots is around $50-$100 at most.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        I suspect a lot of returns, including these outrageously old ones, are taken because it isn't worth the OMG argument that results. In the long run, it's better to eat the loss than to have some raging a-hole front and center for all customers to see.
        This would all stop if more managers were willing to tresspass these assholes. After getting hauled off to the pokey a couple of times, the word would get out, and these detriments to retail would go elsewhere and take their scammy friends with them.

As for shoes, my oldest shoes are at least 10 years old, but I don't wear them much at all. My everyday shoes are over 2 years old, and barely have any wear, although they're notably grubby. I love my Nikes.

Nekojin got himself a pair of $7 at the local cheap shoe shop. A month later, he replaced them (the soles had come pretty much completely off at that point, glue and tape be damned) with some actual branded shoes from Target. He replaced those a couple months later (they, too, were shoddy) with a pair of Nikes at my insistance. His are a few months younger than mine, and they, too, are still solid. And, as they're black, they're not as notably grubby as mine.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ok, all SC lack of common sense aside, if you buy expensive shoes and expect them to last ten years... you have to take care of them and frequent shoe repair shops.
          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
          X