This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Carol of the Bells

So, I have two things that happened today, but I'm going to post them separately because they both happened over a long period of time and I think they each deserve their own thread Skip to the bottom to see how it all went down^^

Ok, so we have...had these two employees who had been blatantly shoplifting and stuffing money from the register into their pockets. I will call them V and J. We couldn't prove it was them stealing from the register, but the money only disappeared after they worked. Also, when walking through the store they'd try to distract us and they knew we were too busy to watch them constantly. Yeah, so do you think it's a coincidence that every time they came in their hands would be full of crap, but then nothing was ever purchased? They'd also sneak into the back where we kept overstock, gee I wonder what they were doing. In the end we were able to fire them because they kept missing shifts. J complained we never gave her any hours, then we did. She'd come in the night before, then not show up for her shift the next day -_-

So to the point. $500 worth of irons magically vanished from the back room. We believe they took them out through the back loading dock. After that our DM kept an eye on our store, and who could blame him? His solution was to put a bell outside of the door to the back room. Pretty good idea, that way if it rang and you were alone you knew someone was snooping around back there. It mostly turned out to be people who didn't believe us when we said "No, there're no more in the back." We caught them once and it never happened again. One day one of the girls noticed that in between isles the objects in V's hand just poofed, but she never actually saw the items being pocketed.

Our DM's solution was to put bells outside of the isles with expensive merchandise. >_< This I don't get! I'm not going to run back there each time the bell rings. I have perfect pitch and the d*** bells are all a half step from each other. Back room: Bb, Scrapbooking: C, D Jewlary: B, C#, Crafting: Eb, A. Yeah, I'm a dork, but it's driving me crazy!

So we get lots of complaints, but it did seem to drive J and V away for a little bit. I drove them off for good though. When they came in, I was already annoyed because I had caught this girl with crap sticking out of her bag and a guy with his hand in a locked case he had pried open. I noticed things in their hands one moment and gone the next. As they were walking out they asked what was up with the bells. I snapped. Here's how it went:

Me: Maybe because of two f***ing little b*tches who can't help but stuff s*** down their pants!
    V and J: their eyes pop out of their head in a b**** say wha kinda expression. Let me tell you, I don't yell. It just never happens. I was fooling around with one of my closest friends once. He yelled at me to get in the car. I jokingly yelled back "I'm getting in the car." Silence. He was so scared. That's the reaction I get from everyone when I yell. Even people who don't know me. So J and V look really nervous now and try to leave. I cut them off.
    Me: Give me your f***ing bag! (Yeah, I love using curse words as sentence enhancers. I know, bad me.)
    J and V: You can't do that!
    Me: Yes I can. I'm tired and I'm pissed. Give me the bag or I will take it by force. I'm done with babysitting you and hiding around corners trying to catch you. (At this point my adrenaline is going and V doesn't stand a chance against me. I have the bag and lo and behold, it's stuffed with almost $200 worth of stuff.)
    J and V don't know what to do because they're usually the bullies. You know, they try to act all tough and then little old me goes and shows them up.

Well, the whole thing ended in handcuffs. I'm getting a cake tomorrow from our manager

YAY! I wish more salesstaff were allowed to just grab that bag from the thief! I hate all the pussyfooting the security staff has to do to keep from offending people who MAY be thieves (when we know darn well they ARE)
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Yeah, I might not have done it if I they were strangers I had never seen before, but these girls were former employees.

Comment

they were fired and suspected theives and they were allowed back in the store?!? I'm surprised they weren't banned!
        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
          they were fired and suspected theives and they were allowed back in the store?!? I'm surprised they weren't banned!
          apparently they had no idea we even suspected they were shoplifting. They thought they were being all sneaky. Idiots.

Comment

Working...
          X