This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
    i LOVE bagpipes...i'm weird i guess....i AM part scottish....did you know there's such a thing as electric bagpipes?
    Yeah, I'm still not too sure about those. I've become convinced that only people that have some Scottish blood in them love/like bagpipes. Just about everyone else is trying to find the cat you're killing.

Quoth gerund View Post
    What's the difference between bagpipes and a piano accordion?

The piano accordion sinks quicker.
    Oh, ha. Ha ha. Very funny. http://www.ahajokes.com/bagpi.html

One of our locals pipers once said that you only get pipes tuned by accident!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I figured out what my aversion is to Deger (electric) bagpipes is.

It has to do with the Pete Purvis from Gaelic Storm holds it. I realized it at the concert last night. It's rather rude looking, no matter how hot he is!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/leshoward/467782004/

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Yeah, I'm still not too sure about those. I've become convinced that only people that have some Scottish blood in them love/like bagpipes. Just about everyone else is trying to find the cat you're killing.
        Doesn't explain me or my husband, though. I'm half-Scottish, quarter Irish, the Hubster is entirely Scottish, and we both want to murder anyone we hear playing those thrice-bedamned instruments of aural atrocity.

Then again, we live in Nova Scotia and it's almost impossible to get away from fiddles and bagpipes and accordions.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          I figured out what my aversion is to Deger (electric) bagpipes is.

It has to do with the Pete Purvis from Gaelic Storm holds it.
          To be fair, the vast majority of pipers pretty much play to their crotches.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
            Then again, we live in Nova Scotia and it's almost impossible to get away from fiddles and bagpipes and accordions.
            Yeah, but I notice that people that have no Scots/Irish blood don't like them. Not saying that people that do automatically like them.

With the people I hang out with, I'm always hearing pipes, too.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            To be fair, the vast majority of pipers pretty much play to their crotches.

^-.-^
            As long as it's Pete, that's fine. (I found myself about 2 feet from him at the break and almost tackled him....but I wanted to hear the rest of the show.) I'd rather not think about that with a certain yahoo here. He wish that he was a quarter the piper that Pete is. On top of it, I got flashed by him at the concert the other night. I could have easily gone my whole life not seeing that.
            Last edited by Pagan; 06-22-2009, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X