This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family reunion

Guest: yea Dave, I am coming for a family reunion and I need several properties

I tell her some availability

Guest: that sounds great, you know mama could sleep in the one house upstairs and you know Charlie and Debbie could take this other room because you know they have been trying to have kids for a long time and they adopted this little boy from Laos and well I just dont know where Denise and her fiancee will sleep. Let's see the queen bed upstairs might be good, oh no wait, thats where Aunt Margie and Uncle Bill will sleep, they are coming in from Iowa and they will be riding with Lisa and her three kids. Well actually Lisa has four kids but her oldest son couldnt make it because he is starting at the Naval Academy. He is such a bright kid. Well Dave, I like this house here but I need to know if it has a waffle iron because you know grandpa loves to make the kids waffles on Sunday morning so its important that we have one and I also need you to find out in that house which bathroom has the biggest mirror because I think we will have Martha use that bathroom. Oh but wait Dave, this wont work because grandpa cant get up steps. Lisa could take the downstrairs bedroom but then where does that put Becky? They wont share a room. I guess the twins could take that bedroom upstairs facing the golf course but no that wont work either because we were gonna out Lisa's three kids in that room and little Jason has to have his own bed because none of the other kids will sleep with him because he wets the bed. Dave, I want to hear your comments on this.

(No ma'am, believe me, you do NOT want to hear my comments)

Me: the properties I gave you should work

Guest: I know but I mean which room do you think would be most appropriate for Lisa's kids? I mean I think thats the problem we are having now

Me: not really sure

Guest: In other words, you cant be bothered talking to me. Well Dave, I am going to call your competitor and book with them because everyone there is so helpful and accomodating but thanks anyway

"....good luck?"

Honestly, if I knew their kid wet the bed and that they were going to have so many people sharing beds (IE crowded and inevitably messy), I'd discourage them in small ways, things like "well we dont have wafflemakers in any of these ones" or "All the mirrors in these bathrooms are somewhat smallish" or "Sorry, we don't have any small beds for single kids to sleep in"....

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
      Guest: yea Dave, I am coming for a family reunion and I need several properties

I tell her some availability

Guest: that sounds great, you know mama could sleep in the one house upstairs and you know Charlie and Debbie could take this other room because you know they have been trying to have kids for a long time and they adopted this little boy from Laos and well I just dont know where Denise and her fiancee will sleep. Let's see the queen bed upstairs might be good, oh no wait, thats where Aunt Margie and Uncle Bill will sleep, they are coming in from Iowa and they will be riding with Lisa and her three kids. Well actually Lisa has four kids but her oldest son couldnt make it because he is starting at the Naval Academy. He is such a bright kid. Well Dave, I like this house here but I need to know if it has a waffle iron because you know grandpa loves to make the kids waffles on Sunday morning so its important that we have one and I also need you to find out in that house which bathroom has the biggest mirror because I think we will have Martha use that bathroom. Oh but wait Dave, this wont work because grandpa cant get up steps. Lisa could take the downstrairs bedroom but then where does that put Becky? They wont share a room. I guess the twins could take that bedroom upstairs facing the golf course but no that wont work either because we were gonna out Lisa's three kids in that room and little Jason has to have his own bed because none of the other kids will sleep with him because he wets the bed. Dave, I want to hear your comments on this.
      Is this some kind of logic problem? IT sounds like it. Throw in some numbers in there and you could have an algebra problem.

Comment

Guest: I know but I mean which room do you think would be most appropriate for Lisa's kids? I mean I think thats the problem we are having now
        Just buy Jason some Goodnights or Underjams. Then any room will be fine.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Question. Did "Guest" so much as pause to take a breath in that long TMI paragraph she spouted at you?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well Dave, I am going to call your competitor and book with them because everyone there is so helpful and accommodating
            Then why the fuck were you calling here in the first place!?
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Freaking Christ...
              I hate reunions enough without having to help someone else plan where to put their own clan of hate-demons.

You seem to gather a special, special group of people. And I do use that term lightly.
              I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

She wanted to know which one of the bed you were willing to rent her would be the best for her kid to PEE IN!??? Riigghhhtt. Hee. Should have mentioned a security deposit against damage at this point.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Jr can sleep in the upstairs bathtub. wetting himself won't be an issue because he can just turn on the water and wash up.
                  "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

The OP reminded me of this scene in Farenheit 451:

TV person 1: There's still the problem about the rooms. What rooms are left?

TV person 2: There's the pink room. We could always put Lillian in the pink room.

TV person 1: We can put Susan in the green room. Yes.

TV person 2: Where can we put Monica? Yes, what can we do with Monica?

TV persons 1 and 2: Do you have the answer, Linda?

Linda: In the blue room?

TV person 1: Linda, you're right.

TV person 2: She's right.

TV persons 1 and 2: Linda, you're absolutely fantastic.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

sorry for being ignorant, but what was that movie about?

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
                        sorry for being ignorant, but what was that movie about?
                        Farenheit 451? Links to the movie and the book.

It is movie set in a world where books are illegal, and firemen burn books. The lead character is a fireman, Linda is his wife. The scene cited shows how childlike people have become in a society without books. The movie has lots of character development and is definitely worth seeing. It is one of my favorite movies.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                          Is this some kind of logic problem? IT sounds like it. Throw in some numbers in there and you could have an algebra problem.

You know what? I was thinking the same thing!
                          But you know in algebra to solve the equations in these 1st----> ( )

Comment

Working...
                          X