This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    You figured this out, too, huh? I had quite a few people fish-eyeing me. I'm having a lot of trouble this year. I'm sneezing, coughing, my nose is running, and my eyes itch (to the point that I scratched one of my eyes raw).
    Generic Chlortabs work well for me. And you don't have to get them at the pharmacy counter. Although, one pill tends to knock me out, so I usually take them at night.

Drixoral was the best thing for allergies I've ever had. Unfortunately, it's off the market right now.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I had the swine flu a while back.

It was the sniffles for a week, then I got better.

I live pretty much right next to patient zero in the US. Ohnoes, I got a summer flu that was even more mild than the regular flu, then got better in a week by drinking orange juice and taking day/ny-quil.

Some epidemic! With all of these news headlines you'd think they were roving hordes of zombies.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
        Some epidemic! With all of these news headlines you'd think they were roving hordes of zombies.
        No, the article about the H1Z1 mutation was a parody (and is no longer at http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm ).

Comment

I have had one or another influenza 3 times in my life ... and believe me it isnt a sore throat and sniffles and bob's your uncle the next day .... unless it is damn near subclinical. As my doctor puts it, if you see a $100 bill on the floor on the other side of the room and you can even consider getting out of bed and picking it up, it probably isnt the flu .... it is seriously debilitating. I know I had to have help getting out of bed just to pee, and I had to be fed for the first few days after it hit. I couldnt even hold a sall glass of water and drink out of it. I had mono for 3 months and felt healthy compared to the flu. I was on chemo and felt just skippy compared to the flu ...
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I got a bout of one of the fairly bad influenza bugs about 6 years ago. After not being able to get out of bed for 3 days (without passing out) I had to call my mum to come pick me up and take me home. I spent the next 10 days barely concious.

Not fun

Every "flu" I've hand since has just been a really bad cold
            "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
            "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
            "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              SC: And don't get smart with me!
              ...Apparently, his IQ is so low, he feels threatened by yours when you're simply standing there silently...

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                Really, I hadn't heard that! I did think that, since Victoria has over 1000 reported cases, and none of them have died yet, that surely an intelligent person could conclude it's not really that bad a thing??
                Not to mention that the people that have died had another underlying health problem to beging with.

And about "intelligent" people, you have to remember that we're dealing with sheeple here.

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                Surely, any of these Tamiflu type things won't do a thing anyway? If you've got yourself a virus, then you've got the virus - end of story. Best you can do is not pass it on to someone else...
                Oseltamivir (Tamiflu) is an antiviral, but to be effective, it needs to be taken within the first 48 hours of onset of symptoms. And it can be used as a prophylactic, which is why I suspect so many were coming in trying to get it.

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                Generic Chlortabs work well for me. And you don't have to get them at the pharmacy counter. Although, one pill tends to knock me out, so I usually take them at night.
                That's why I usually don't take anything during the day. I had to break down and take some loratadine at work the other day. It wasn't bad, but I wanted to really take a nap.

Actifed used to work really good (same sleepy problem), but it's been reformulated and doesn't work as good anymore.

Allavert will work if I don't wait too long to take it.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

You should have sold them some cheapy nurofen and told them it's a pack of Tamiflu suppositories that they need to shove up their a**** three times a day and laugh all day thinking about it.............
                  In a perfect world the customer would always be right but this world is not perfect and the customer is always f***** mental!!!!

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    that reminds me of one of my coworkers who refused to ever clean up blood because she might get AIDS from it...
                    Well, in many places, it's actually classified as hazardous waste, and therefore illegal to clean up unless you have the proper training, equipment provided or not. Especially since if you make the mistake of getting some on the glove, then wipe off your forehead, and some runs in to your eye or mouth. Slightly paranoid? Maybe. Bad idea? I'd refuse to clean up any sizeable mess of blood as well.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                    X