This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dare you!

I am at the Paint counter today when I hear a customer's voice.

He was upset,

How dare the cashier do that! Don't you know anything! Don't you know how to do your job!

You can just stick it in your ear!!!

What could the cashier have done to solicit such a response??

She gave him his receipt.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Oh my god what was she thinking!
    Next thing you know, baggers will come around and bag his purchase!
    BLASPHEMY!
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is that maybe he said ahead of time he didn't want a receipt, but the cashier forgot and gave him one anyway out of force of habit. I've done that sort of thing more than once, but when reminded that they didn't want a receipt/bag/whatever just say "Oh that's right, I'm sorry" and they said don't worry about it.

Still, even if that was the case, it's certainly no excuse to flip out about it.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

My first month of working at the Chesterfield, I got yelled at by a late night customer for putting his receipt in his bag, as my manager had JUST told me to start doing. Guy yells, "I WANTED MY RECEIPT IN MY HAND!" Dude, chill, it's in your bag. "YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED!" I JUST got told not to. It wastes time, apparently.
        Guy stomps off, gets as far as the door, turns around, stomps back over, slams his receipt on the counter, and yells, "I WANT YOUR NAME AND YOUR BOSS' NAME!" Oh... kay... I give him both, he leaves a second time, and AM goes, "What was his problem?"
        I shrug.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Guy stomps off, gets as far as the door, turns around, stomps back over, slams his receipt on the counter, and yells, "I WANT YOUR NAME AND YOUR BOSS' NAME!"
          No.

Simple.. I don't give a stuff who you are, you don't yell at me that you want my name, and expect me to give it to you. You want to complain, go for it. But there's no way in hell (and no legal way I'm required) to give that to you!

Customers really need to learn things about being a human! And, being a human being is more important than being a customer (or a worker!)
          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Apparently this guy went off because she gave him his reciept with his money.

"My money goes in my wallet, the receipt does not!"
            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

"You're a big boy now, I am sure you can manage to put your money in your wallet and put your receipt where it goes as well....up your fucking ass!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I'll admit it. Every so often, when I'm dealing with a real jerk or EW, I'll let it slip...

"...and where would you like your receipt?"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  "You're a big boy now, I am sure you can manage to put your money in your wallet and put your receipt where it goes as well....up your fucking ass!"
                  I'm thinking there's not enough room in that particular orifice, even for a receipt...

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    Guy yells, "I WANTED MY RECEIPT IN MY HAND!" Dude, chill, it's in your bag. "YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED!" I JUST got told not to. It wastes time, apparently.
                    Well now I know who to blame. I feel sorry for the poor cashiers who have to ask every single time if I want the receipt with me or in the bag. I don't care! Do you? And if it's in the wrong place, how long does it take to fix it?

But because of little douchebags like this, now you have to ask every darn customer and waste time.

/rant off
                    "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                      Apparently this guy went off because she gave him his reciept with his money.

"My money goes in my wallet, the receipt does not!"
                      What the fuck is wrong with people? Is he too important that he can't separate his receipt from his money? It's not like they were glued or something...or were they?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        "I WANT YOUR NAME AND YOUR BOSS' NAME!"
                        "Fuck You and Get Out."
                        The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          I'm thinking there's not enough room in that particular orifice, even for a receipt...
                          Yeah, his head takes up all available space...

Comment

Working...
                          X