Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable call center reps- Anyone hate doing DTV troubleshooting?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable call center reps- Anyone hate doing DTV troubleshooting?

Granted I haven't had too many calls about DTV and whatnot but I just had my first DTV troubleshooting and after trying to help him out, the customer just told me, "Thanks for nothing". Yeah whatever, first of all you are not a customer of ours, so why should I be troubleshooting with you?

Now here is my gripe about that, this is a CABLE company so why should we, as a cable company, assist customers with antennas?

Not to mention, my call center was not even trained to troubleshoot DTV converter boxes, we were just given a piece of paper and the instructions on the website makes no sense to me. ]

[/end rant]

So, anybody here have non cable customers calling and getting mad at you for not assisting them?

All they need to do is read the instruction manual that came with the convertor box & that should help them with any problems or questions they may have. Now really, how hard is that?

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      All they need to do is read the instruction manual that came with the convertor box & that should help them with any problems or questions they may have. Now really, how hard is that?
      Is this a rhetorical question? Because you have to consider that these are the same type of people who think:

- That an optical disk tray is a cupholder
      - A mouse is a foot pedal
      - You put an optical disk into a 3.5" floppy disk drive
      - The slit between drives is a credit card slot
      - ALL of the power cables in a computer need to be plugged into something.
      - etc.

Note: All of those are true and real.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        Well, simply programming a remote can take 10-15 minutes with some customers.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
          Now here is my gripe about that, this is a CABLE company so why should we, as a cable company, assist customers with antennas?
          My thoughts exactly! Were you told you have to help them if they call in? Seems to me like you should not have to.
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I can program mine in less than 5...lol.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Is this a rhetorical question? Because you have to consider that these are the same type of people who think:

- That an optical disk tray is a cupholder
              - A mouse is a foot pedal
              - You put an optical disk into a 3.5" floppy disk drive
              - The slit between drives is a credit card slot
              - ALL of the power cables in a computer need to be plugged into something.
              - etc.

Note: All of those are true and real.
              Dont' forget the CPU as a tummy for the computer that has to be fed regularly to nourish its soul.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

God I hate reprogramming remotes although to be fair it's because we only have crappy blurry pictures to go by and it is ridiculous trying to figure out which remote they have - once we get that it's pretty fast.

Granted I haven't had too many calls about DTV and whatnot but I just had my first DTV troubleshooting and after trying to help him out, the customer just told me, "Thanks for nothing". Yeah whatever, first of all you are not a customer of ours, so why should I be troubleshooting with you?
                Why are you helping them?

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                  My thoughts exactly! Were you told you have to help them if they call in? Seems to me like you should not have to.
                  About the only help they should be giving is this:
                  Cable Dude: Have you considered trying out Cable? You know we are currently running a special...

Comment

Why are you helping them?
                    Cause our company wants us, too which is stupid.

I think every employee needs a crash course in DTV troubleshooting.

Comment

I work at a RadioHut and all I've been doing for the past three days is answering questions about this crap, and no one ever, EVER believes us when we say they probably need a better antenna because we live in the middle of the damn mountains.

Get cable or sell your TV, how about that? Never been bitched at so much in my life about something I can do so profoundly little about, ugh.
                      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I think every employee needs a crash course in DTV troubleshooting.
                        I think every employee should "accidentally" disconnect these people.

Why the hell would anyone think that they could get the answers they want regarding a service from someone other than that service?

I had DTV for years, and it was outstanding. Our local cable (Charter) sucks ass and I won't even switch from Earthlink to them, even though Earthlink has gone into the toilet, too; I miss when it was still Mindspring. Then again, I also live in sunny southern California, so the sky is nearly always clear. But even in the midst of serious thunderstorms, we had hardly a bit of interference.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I got another DTV customer and was rude as hell. In fact, are all DTV customers this rude? First of all, cable companies did not impose this transition so why take it out on me? The guy had a valid complaint, he was missing channels but the sucky thing about him, he is asking me why he isn't getting the channels?
                          How the hell should I know?

Get this, this guy lives in MARYLAND and doesn't even have an account with our cable company.

Why are these idiots getting mad at us when its not our fault that you are too lazy to get cable service!

Comment

I got another DTV customer and was rude as hell. In fact, are all DTV customers this rude?
                            Not even remotely.

Just the ones that think that calling a cable company because their satellite service has issues makes any sort of sense.

My brother is an outright asshole, and even he was never actually rude to customer service reps over the phone. Then again, he called DTV directly when there was the rare issue with their service.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oooooh,
                              So this is your fault that I can no longer get half the local stations in anymore even though I only live 4 miles from most of the transmitting towers.

Come here so I can stick my antenna in your rear end!

Comment

Working...
                              X