This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick that up!

One last story before my move. This happened on my last ship when I was a few weeks away from retiring from life at sea and didn't really care anymore.

During "off" hours, crew can eat in the buffet with the passengers, or at the pizza bar or the burger bar. If a passenger comes after us, we have to let them go ahead, but it's much better food than the crew mess. I'm in line for a pizza slice and the guy in front of me drops his -- right in front of me. I wave to a bar staff member, who nods sees it, nods, and goes into the back to get some cleaning supplies. The man gets his new slice and turns to leave. I step over his dropped slice and greet the crew member and order. The sucky passenger looks at the dropped slice, then at me

SP: You're not going to pick that up?
    ME: No sir.
    SP: But you work here
    ME: Sir, I work in the theatre and only have 10 minutes to eat. I am not allowed to go into the back here to get the cleaning supplies. A crew member will be along in a moment to clean it up.
    SP: Bulls**t. You work here, you can go back there and get it. Clean it up right now.
    ME: Sir, it is not part of my job. If I had dropped the piece myself (pointed look at him), I would have no problem picking it up.

At this point I take my slice and stand to the side. This also pisses him off

SP: Why are you just standing there?
    ME: I'm going to wait here until it is cleaned up to make sure that no one slips on it.
    SP: You should just clean it up yourself!

At this point the crew member returns and cleans it all up, even puts up a "Wet Floor' sign. I walk away to eat and SP stands there glaring at me while I eat. (I don't look at him, but can see him out of the side of my eye). I calmly finish eating, thrown away my paper plate and head back to work.

it would have been sooo much easier if he had just tossed it himself but we all know thats never going to happen. HUGS sorry you had to deal with that even way back when

Comment

I get the distinct impression that he dropped it on purpose, just out of pique.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

"Pick that up"

Sure, sir, you going to pay me?

What a jerk! And he had the nerve to act like you were his personal slave just because you work there! THat's shitty!

Comment

"pick that up!"

"pay me to!"

Comment

Working...
          X